National 12 - find out more...

Electronic Payment of Club Fees

Started by Roly Mo, 07 Mar 2011, 05:32

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

We suspect that as a club we are going to be forced to look at e-payment of club subscription fees at some point in the future - does anyone use this type of technology now?  Particularly interested in systems other than Paypal.
Mrs RM

Martin

I guess you are planning for the withdrawal of cheques. We let our members pay by monthly standing order and via internet banking.  Done the former for many years with no problems. The latter is a more recent innovation but is I believe catching on and quite easy for Treasurer to manage. 

Roly Mo

How do you handle members who drop out during the course of the year?  We are concerned that someone might be allocated duties in the latter part of the year but decide to leave the club part way through.  Do they commit to a full year of payment or can they stop at any time?
Mrs RM

Martin

Our Standing Order arrangement is for 6 months from April.  I think we have only had one member drop out in the first six months and we decided that it was not worthwhile to pursue. We only offer Standing Order for renewals and not new memberships. 
Can't really comment on the duty side of things as we do our rotas on a monthly basis (just received April's rota) so method of payment is not particularly relevant for us.

n12 Bottom Banner