National 12 - find out more...

Spinnaker Training and Open Days cancelled

Started by thedodger, 06 Jun 2011, 10:06

« previous - next »

thedodger

We have decided to cancel the Open and Training days next Saturday and Sunday, 11th and 12th June.
The main reason is down to all our regular crews being in the thick of exams.
We have decided to cancel rather than disappoint club members and visitors alike with a complete lack of competitors.
Next years dates will be given more consideration to ensure we have all our boats and crews available.
Sorry if you were planning to come, we promise we will make next year special, we might even get the long awaited call to run a Gill meeting!
Regards
Simon

Jeremy C

That is a shame as we were planning on coming.... Burghfield is having a special event on sunday 12th which we might (if I get my backside in gear and sort out) be able to include the 12's in if you are interested.
Its called the burghfield blast and is a day of intense short course racing - racing would be one lap-15-30mins with about 7-10 races during the day. Its great fun non stop (except lunch of course!) start-race-start race etc!
the only question is is whether there is enough time in the start sequence for an extra '12' start.

I'll check with the race officer and see whether it can be done.

Jeremy

P.S. if you were planning on going to Spinnaker and would be interested in doing this instead please post on this string so I can see if it is viable.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

I Have spoken to our race officer and he is very happy to add a start in for the 12's  so please post if interested in coming along.
Having done this race format before it is great fun, last year we had nearly fifty club boats out so it will probably be busy! entry will be £10 and I'm sure I could do a bit of baking between now and then!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

Sample of the sort of course planned. it gets lengthened and shortened at the start depending on the winds if they vary through the day- the aim being to keep the races to 15-20mins.

Mike Storey

Yes we're up for the Burghfield alternative. Sounds fun!

Mike S
N3491

grazz

n12 Bottom Banner