National 12 - find out more...

Burghfield Blast + Coaching -11th-12th June

Started by grazz, 06 Jun 2011, 08:20

« previous - next »

grazz

As Spinnaker is cancelled we're running a coaching session at Burghfield (Near Reading) this Saturday 11th June starting at 11am. So if you were planning on joining the coaching at Spinnaker please come along (please post here if you're coming). 

And on the Sunday 12th June is the Burghfield Blast, a day of intense short course racing - racing is one lap-15-30mins with about 7-10 races during the day. Its great fun non stop (except lunch of course!) start-race-start race etc! 

More details to follow

grazz

Notes from Jeremy Carey
"Burghfield has its 'Burghfield Blast' on the 12th June which is a
    great day of short course racing- lots of starts and short races of
    about 15-20mins each with the aim of running up to around 10 races.
    Its a cracking sailing event, a little bit out of the norm, with
    quick turnaround between the races. Fun, fast and furious!

12's will have their own start and sail the same course as the club
    fleets.

If you were planning on going to Spinnaker then this might just be a
    little bit closer to you, if you weren't going to spinnaker then can
    we tempt you to this anyway?

If interested please either reply to me ASAP  or post on either the
    12 website or the 12 facebook page so that I can get a rough idea of
    prizes

more detail about the Burghfield Blast here:<a href="http://www.burghfieldsailing.org/blast"> 
      http://www.burghfieldsailing.org/blast</a>

Last year we had about 50 club boats take part- was a great event!"

Cheers

Jeremy

grazz

The Very Hungry Caterpillar plans to join in, sounds like some great starting practise to be had.

Graham

Jon M

Hope to bring 3415 for training.  Cant do the blast unfortunately - made other plans after Spinnaker cancelled.
I had cancelled my crew for the w/e, if I can get him back...I expect to be their on saturday.
Jon M

Jeremy C

3444 will definitely be there on Sunday and I'll be at the club to help out on Sat and I have just seen that Mike Storey will be coming along for the racing, Alan Beeton will be down too.

Link above does not seem to work so try this one:

http://www.burghfieldsailing.org/blast
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Will Henderson (Guest)

With Spinnaker off we are keen on Burghfield blasting - Will and Mary Henderson "New Isabelle"

H

2750 "Cheshire Cat" will down there for the training on Saturday, crew is working then unfortunately so looking for a stand in.  We should both be down for the blast on Sunday though.
H

MikeDay

Yes, me too.  I'll definitely be there for the Sunday and we'll count the results towards the Thames Area.
Mike D
N3533

GC

3411 planning to be there both days.
Gerald

Flew

I will bring 3344 and crew for the training on Saturday and probably stay over for the Blast on Sunday.
Cheers
Chris

Jeremy C

There's a good chance that I'll have a young crew/helm joining me on TC for the training on saturday
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Trick Cyclist

Nigel and Chris White are joining in both days with Jayseas.

I'll be at the club from 9.30am on Saturday and 9.00am Sunday for those wanting to get in. On Saturday gates will be open earlier than this if you want to be an early bird!

Catering will be available from around 10.30am on both days until mid afternoon.

Jeremy

Jeremy C

Dave & Tricia hoping to come along for the Sunday.

MikeDay

Goodee ... 30mph+ winds and pouring rain for Sunday!

alan (Guest)

Great days coaching on sat got us wooking together in the boat.A very big thank you to Graham for his time

n12 Bottom Banner