National 12 - find out more...

2012 Burton Week

Started by Mike Storey, 19 Jun 2011, 08:56

« previous - next »

Mike Storey

Am I correct in thinking that BW 2012 is planned to be at Hayling Island over the Jubilee/Whit Weekend?
Sad as it may seem, I need to make some plans now if it is.

Mike S
N3491

Charlotte Stewart

Mike - yes, Tom and I believe that is correct - and that we are being given an extra Bank Holiday on the Tuesday so we won't need to take any holiday to do it. Brilliant!

Jane Wade

I know it is a challenge but it would be good to know where we are going and when as soon as possible.  The Scorpions always have the same week and post the upcoming venues up to three years in advance which makes planning so much easier.

MikeDay

You'll all be aware that on the Sunday, The Queen's Royal Barge is leading a  river flotilla on the Thames from around Battersea going past the Tower with hundreds of boats following.  As an alternative to Burton Week, we could all take part ...!!!

Mike D
N3533
- sending advance apologies for not being at Hayling due to the above.

Chris Day (Guest)

Yes! Burton week(end) 2012 will be at Hayling Island over the Jubilee weekend, 4 days from Saturday June 2nd.
The extra Bank Holiday (Tuesday as well as Monday) courtesy of the Queen also means a lot of us will not need to take any holiday for this one.
Hayling Island host Olympic class regattas so this promises to be a great event for us!
More details to follow as soon as we have them...

Chris 
N3513

Roly Mo

Provision of on site accommodation looks good but there's no camping, caravanning or motorhoming on site which is a shame.  Looks a great venue.
RM

Sam Sutton-Reid (Guest)

Might try and borrow a boat... and find a small crew... high time I got back in a 12...
Sam

darebarry

Hi Sam It would be good to see you. Have you still got your gorilla outfit for the fancy dress?
Cheers Dare 

n12 Bottom Banner