National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley MAAT, Vintage and 4-plank event

Started by CRU 12, 03 Sep 2011, 04:04

« previous - next »

CRU 12

Now that we are all returned from Brightlingsea, perhaps it is time to consider some of the rest of the season's events.

Trent Valley are hosting a MAAT, Vintage and 4-plank open meeting on 11th September.

Paul has emailed out details to nearly the whole world  (ok, I may exagerate a tad here) in his recent circular for the MAAT circuit, but just in case anyone isn't on that list (and it is a long one !!!) -

I am posting here:

Event summary:

3 races, all to count, 1st race at 11am, with 2nd back-to-back before lunch.  3rd race after lunch, with anticipated prize-giving at 16.30.  Depending upon turnout, we will have a seperate start for faster boats, followed by Vintage boats 5 mins later, for each race.

There are still some of the Turner Vintage collection available for borrowing - usual fees apply - if anyone wishes to give vintage sailing on a river a go  ;)

Lunch will be available.

Storms and Force 6 winds cannot be guaranteed, so if anyone is looking for a replay of Brightlingsea............   just think of the amount of tacking it would involve ?!?!?!?! if that is what we get.

please let me know via here, or email christinepreston@talktalk.net or 07914786391  if you are planning to be there, if you would like lunch (usual dietary requirements please) or any other enquiries.

look forward to seeing you all,
regards
Cx

Tom white (Guest)

Heyy, le shed, I and my new crew pru will be def there and cant wait :)
 Olton meres a tad low so will nice to get back out on the water again.

See you and everyone there :)

Tom White (n2765)

Chadders

Triarda is all crewed up with Ben who is arriving via the Herring crew delivery service, see you on the start line.  Yes Christine he did email the whole world about this event! 8)

paul turner

Greetings - a few replies are coming in from the massive mailout! Sadly no Peacocks, Brittons, Cpt Carbon or Gattiman but Mr Camm is coming up from the deep south to sail one of the Turner Collection yots (to keep the Vintage fleet on its toes) but with Chadders, Herring, White, Camm, me and James Clark (TVSC Merlin sailor again venturing forth in N3157) we have a small, but select and beautifully formed, band BUT WE REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF YOU! Please email and/or ring Christine and/or me if you are coming along to help us with organising food, rescue etc. Oh, and Kevan says he is coming down to take photos! Px :K) 
christinepreston@talktalk.net or 07914786391
paul.turner@lingphipp.co.uk or 07710 324 800

Chris Troth

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Chris

Ian Norman

ill be at TVSC with "Zarniwoop".  Looks like wind Paul :)
Cheers
Ian
N3107
Zarniwoop - N3107

Chadders

Brilliant days sailing with lots of wind and sun.  Well done and thank you to all at TVSC for looking after us and congratulations to Geoff and Amelia on winning and Graham and Zoe on finishing second overall and first vintage in Shotgun.  Special thanks to Ben Palmer for crewing for me and keeping me out of trouble and to Brian and Ros for taking him down.

Crusader 3244

Ditto thanks to Brian and Ros and thanks too to Chadders. Ben enjoyed his day thoroughly. But what did you do to him? He was cream-crackered! Could be something to do with a social event teh night before.
Chris, 3244

Ian Norman

Excellent day with some tricky wind and strong gusts.  Nicole is shattered .... (like I am!!)
Thanks to everyone for taking part and Paul, Christine and the TVSC team for organising / running the event.
Cheers
Ian
Zarniwoop N3107
Zarniwoop - N3107

CRU 12

many thanks to all who ventured out in some challenging conditions and to those to attended but decided discretion was the better part to play  (I think Howard was grateful for your crew delivery service).  I am also very grateful to the TVSC members who supported us with safety boat cover and Race Officer duties.  A full report has been written and I am just about to add photos kindly supplied by Kevan Bloor and then will be mailing it for all to see via Graham's careful uploading to the website.
thanks and see you all at Hykeham
Christine

n12 Bottom Banner