National 12 - find out more...

Henley Open Meeting

Started by Mandy (Guest), 06 Sep 2011, 10:17

« previous - next »

Mandy (Guest)

Just to remind you all that Henley Open Meeting is on the 18th September and the club is hoping to get some idea of numbers.  If you could please let us know here if you are possibly coming that would be very helpful.  We have also been informed that Henley is being shut that day due to a triathalon event.  I am sure there will be diversions in place, but please allow extra time if you have to come that way!

Also, as usual there is a supper on the Saturday night and camping at the club if anyone is interested.  The supper is 'Hot Chilli' and everyone is invited, just let us know so we can make sure there is enough.

Hope to see you there

Mandy & John T

Mandy (Guest)

Oops, just realised that I should have put in that there is an 11 am start for the racing and that lunches will be available.

I believe there will be 1 race before lunch and 2 before tea, lets just hope its warm enough to enjoy tea on the lawn !

I think thats all, so hope to see you there.

Michael

Would love to come in 3525.  Need to find a crew and will start working on that now.  Michael

MikeDay

Yes, with news that the leaking tank has been fixed, we'll be there.

Mike D
N3533

Red Hot Pudding

We'll be there in 'Wot More Pudding'. On the Sunday, but not on Saturday evening
Ian and Jenny 3316

Michael

Might there be somebody down there at Henley who would crew for me on Sunday?  Michael 07867 802062

Mandy (Guest)

Hi Michael
I will see what I can do and get back to you.
Mandy

Michael

Seems that you have done some magic :)  Michael

MikeDay

Mandy

Any advice about which way to approach the club to avoid the triathlon? Thanks.

Mike

Mandy (Guest)

Hi Mike
We are planning to come in from the Twyford side (A4) which we believe should be ok.  Hope that helps.  Give me or the Sailing Club a ring if you want more info.

Mandy

John T (Guest)

Just wanted to say thanks very much to the 5 visitors who turned up to enjoy a day on the river on Sunday.

Despite the relatively light winds, there were a few capsizes to keep the spectators interested as well as some tight racing. John
Thornton, crewed (at various times) by all three of his family in N3443, scraped a victory ahead of John Meadowcroft (N3523),
crewed by his boys. Another local boat crewed by Steve Gent and Viv Roberts (N3536) came in 3rd.  The Admirals cup went to Ian Smith and Jenny Chen in N3316 from the Midland SC.

Thanks also to the team at Henley who once again provided a well organised and well catered day.

Cheers, John T

n12 Bottom Banner