National 12 - find out more...

Twickenham Open Meeting October 2nd

Started by Alistair Edwards, 20 Sep 2011, 05:00

« previous - next »

Alistair Edwards

The Twickenham YC N12 Open Meeting takes place on Sunday October 2nd.

There will be three races. One in the morning and two back to back in the afternoon.

First start 11am. Briefing at approx 10.30am.

Trophy for first overall and another for the first AC boat.

Last year we had a fleet of 11 boats and excellent conditions, so we are hoping for an equally good event this year.
We had a number of young sailors last year. Indeed the overall winner was Arthur Henderson (then 17) crewed by Abigail Croft (then 15).

It would be good to see 'local' sailors from Ranelagh and Desborough

Visitors will launch from the hard by the White Swan pub.

The bar will be open at lunchtime and after the racing. Lunches will be available.

I would be grateful if people who intend to come to Twickenham could let me know on this thread so that we can plan our catering arrangements.
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

Michael

Trying to come.  Depends on the availability of my crew. Will know nearer the time.  Michael N3525.  PS whats the parking situation?

MikeDay

Anne and I will be there with Rock Lobster.  I know of at least one other fairly definite (Dave Peacock) and two others who might be doing the afternoon only.
And to Michael's question - parking is unrestricted in the nearby streets on Sundays but watch out if there's a high tide!  We saw a new Audi wrecked last year as the tide came over the wheels.
Mike D
N3533

Alistair Edwards

No parking problems this year. High water is at 7am.

If anyone has crew problems please let me know and I will try to find someone for you.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

Michael

Thanks Alistair, If my crew can't make it I will let you know.  Michael 07867 802062

Mark Marston

Hi Alistair,
I'm available for crew.
Regards Mark
07990 56 3599

Mandy (Guest)

Hi Alistair
John & I are hoping to be there although we are in Kent for the Saturday evening so it is unlikely to be until after lunch.  Would there be anywhere to leave our boat if we came past on Saturday around midday ?  Don't worry if it gets too difficult, just trying to work out our options.
Kind regards, Mandy

Alistair Edwards

Hi Mandy.

Glad to hear you will be joining us on Sunday.

You can leave your boat in the dinghy park on Saturday. I can open up for you at midday.

Regards
Alistair
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

n12 Bottom Banner