National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC Open Meeting

Started by Roly Mo, 27 Aug 2011, 05:09

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Ripon SC will host it's annual National 12 open meeting on Saturday 1 October and with Yeadon SC holding their meeting the following day there is the opportunity to have a great weekend of sailing in glorious Yorkshire.
Ripon's meeting will comprise 3 races (2 to count) with the first start at 11am and the briefing to competitors at 10.45am.  The galley will be open all day and we've some excellent local ale on sale in the bar for that after race (or perhaps between race) snifter.
Camping is available at the club on the Saturday night - please let us know if you wish to take advantage of this.  Crews are also likely to be available but we need a couple of weeks notice to get folk organised so please bear that in mind.  Early requests will get you the chance of sailing with some of our very good juniors!
Hope to see a great turnout,
Mrs RM

Roly Mo

Some of our spare crews have already been nabbed - if you are going to need a crew get in touch soon or they will all be snapped up!
Mrs RM

Chadders

Helen and I will be doing Ripon and Yeadon (11.30 start on Sunday I believe) and I may even bring Hoodoo if I finish her in time, other fleet boats may also be entering, more info to follow on which ones in due course.  I know that the catering arrangements at Ripon have changed recently, are any plans in place for a meal on the Saturday evening?

Roly Mo

We will be offering a full galley service during the day, including bacon and sausage sandwiches pre sailing, a hot lunch (still making up our minds on what this will be) and cakes later on.  I am more than happy to organise something in the evening subject to sufficient interest - can people who'd like an evening meal (which can be served early if it helps) let me know?  We also have some very nice local ale on at the moment!
Mrs RM

angus

Much as I would like to try some of that local ale unfortunately i don't think I can make it this year.:'(
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

I'm planning to be there with Ben and one of my 12's.
Looking forward to it and hoping it's not too windy.
Tim

Roly Mo

So far the turnout looks disappointingly low - us, Ian sailing a boat borrowed from the Chadwick collection, Chadders, Gatti-man and Paul Turner.  Is that really going to be the sum total of the competitors?  Surely not!  
Mrs RM

Chris Troth

Hoping to be there with the pudding
Chris

Chadders

Brian and Ros are coming as well and I think Brian Wady if his crew isnt working so two more vintage boats are likely. 8)

Chadders

Pretty sure that Mark Simpson is hoping to come depending on crew/babysitters etc as well.  Dont despair yet Mrs RM

Chadders

Brilliant event THANK YOU to Ripon SC Chris Mark, Barbara Spence, Tim Wafer and all the rest of the race team and an equally big thank you to Jennie and everyone involved in the catering and BBQ etc and for looking after us all so well.

n12 Bottom Banner