National 12 - find out more...

Trapeze?

Started by orkney, 16 Oct 2011, 09:14

« previous - next »

orkney

How do you think a National 12 mast will hold out with a trapeze attached?

Roly Mo

My guess it that it won't!
RM

Martin

Ever tried trapezing off a beamy Cherub from the 70s? Yuk.......

icecreamman

I seem to remember a picture of John Royce sailing his Tiger with a trapeze and a spinnaker way back when. Time takes its toll so I may well be wrong on this one, and of course I have not got the slightest idea what type of mast he was using.

FuzzyDuck

scotty had a trapeze on his china doll at Landudno early 80's for a laugh and it worked fine.
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

orkney

Well is a China Doll or a Tiger National 12's as if it is that is a help, but if they aren't N12's it's irrelevant.

Chadders

Both are well known designs of National 12, check out designs under about on the website for more info.

JohnMurrell

Icecreamman is right, there was a picture of John Royce with a kite up in one of the old class newsletters. From memory it was a TVSC handicap race; I will try to find the article, scan and post it here

paul turner

From memory (I was there!) Roycie actually put a Fireball rig on his N12 so he had all the rigging attached (and a boom that I think stuck out behind the boat); we built an N12 catamaran at the same time which was seriously not successful! Px :K)

icecreamman

That figures Paul. I bet that came out of the same design workshop that came up with Dave Peacock's land yacht at Llandudno all those years ago.

angus

good to find your serious about somethings paul:P
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner