National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Gill Meeting 22nd 23rd October

Started by JohnMurrell, 10 Oct 2011, 06:36

« previous - next »

JohnMurrell

The entry forms are on the SYC website - http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/entry-forms-sailing-instructions/

The boats will be kept at Batson Boatpark - about 15mins sailing from the start line. When you get to Salcombe follow the road signs to Batson and you can't miss it............ famous last words!

There will be no charge for keeping boats there nor do you have to pay any harbour dues - all we ask is that you park your boats in a seemly fashion and take everything you bring with you home again!

The club is open on Friday evening for beer (till you drink it dry)  and food (until 20.30) and will be having a competitors meal on Saturday night.

The Club doesn't have any accomodation but the Salcombe TIC - http://www.salcombeinformation.co.uk/ has loads of help.

If you are planning on coming down could you let us know so that we are well prepared for the invasion...............................

mikehoyle

I plan to be there with 3537 - but need a crew ..... any suggestions/offers welcome. 

sophie (Guest)

Mandy (Guest)

Unfortunately, we won't be there....bad planning on our part, but we will be thinking of you.  Hope you all have a great time

John & Mandy
N3443 / N3522

Charlotte (Guest)

We'll be there...looking forward to it.

john m (Guest)

beans

Shake Yer Beans coming down from Bristol - need to keep the AC numbers going in Salcombe :-)

Fran G (Guest)

John,

I will be there in a boat called Plum.

See you later.

Fran

John Meadowcroft

Jon Ibbotson and Charlotte Stewart won.  Very windy on Sunday with only five boats venturing out, but all getting home without damage.  For those who were down in August it was even windier than the Monday race!  Lots of swimming but fortunately no major damage I am aware of.

2nd and first Junior, and first AC boat was Peter Ballantine crewed by Theo Harris / Tom Morris and third was Tom Ballantine and Nicky Bass.  Well done Salcombe

beans

On Saturday there was someone out on a club rescue boat snapping a few photos, does anyone know who and if the photographs are posted anywhere?  Ken
PS - thanks for a great afternoon's sailing on the Saturday, glad we got two races in.  Thanks also SYC for the usual warm welcome.

JohnMurrell

Ken,

'twas I, but despite taking over 400 pics I seem to have missed Beans, sorry.

I did catch however catch one of the RNLI's best having a bit of bother - ok it a Merlin but he did win a Burton week race..........................................................

chris3618 (Guest)

Quote from: 112Ken,

'twas I, but despite taking over 400 pics I seem to have missed Beans, sorry.

I did catch however catch one of the RNLI's best having a bit of bother - ok it a Merlin but he did win a Burton week race..........................................................

n12 Bottom Banner