National 12 - find out more...

Hi and Expect some Q's

Started by N3500, 13 Nov 2011, 09:39

« previous - next »

N3500

Just in the process of buying a 12 so thought it would only be polite to still our heads around the door and say HI :)
Hope to have her on the water early spring after a full refurb.  Plan is to take her up to Mike at Aardvark (very helpful) for the hull and topsides to be given the once over and get a new suit of sails from P&B (also very helpful, unlike another I phoned :().  Once on the drive we'll be sorting the ropes and rigging.
Not new to sailing but our first twelve (have always wanted one) so bare with me when the Q's start coming!
John (& Pauline)

Chadders

Hi John and Pauline and welcome to 12 sailing and lots of fun, look forward to seeing you on the circuit and perhaps at Hayling Island for the Burton over the Jubilee Weekend?  Looks like you are getting on with sorting your new boat already so we had all better watch out next season.  Post any questions on here and you will get lots of help even though we all have different thoughts on how to do things, that's what makes 12 sailing so great.  8)

N3500

First Q.

We have recently purchased a new suit of sails and therefore need to get them measured to save hassle at or just before Hayling.  Not even sailed the boat yet but have booked accommodation for the event. 

How do I go about arranging measurement and nearest measurer to Worthing on the South coast?  Don’t mind travelling to get this completed sooner rather than later.

Thanks

John

Chadders

Hi the starting point is to join the association which will bring lots of benefits including the Class Handbook and the yearbook.  The yearbook lists the measurers so that you can see who is close to you and give them a ring. Apologies if you have already joined in which case you just need to look in your book!  The 2012 yearbook is, I believe at the printers and will also be sent out soon to all members.  Look forward to seeing you at Hayling if not before. 8)

N3500

Thanks for the info.  Joined the OA before we even collected the boat, seemed silly not to and lose out on the NM discount :)

Received the excellent Handbook on joining which I see you had a hand in (having worked out who you are) but joining late in the season no Yearbook to refer to.   Feel guilty now in buying a DB boat as all the help is coming from the Admirals Cup fleet, still at least 3500 is a Phil Morrison Design although reading I see you also owned a Big Issue.

Any Measurers in the South wishing to come forward before the 2012 Yearbook arrives?  Unless of course I’ve missed the measurer’s list on the website and need pointing to it on there.

MikeDay

Your nearest measurer is John Thornton who lives in Woking.  email him at john@saltwood.net or call 01483 730889.

Mike D
N3533

N3500

Thanks Mike for the information.
On joining the OA I very soon after received a new member pack and in my enthusiasm to read the Handbook I hadn't noticed the Yearbook which in the interim period had fallen out of the jiffy bag and behind the bookcase.  A mail from Michael B sounding certain of the postal weight prompted me to have a good scout around and I found the 2011 Yearbook. Dohhh!!

n12 Bottom Banner