National 12 - find out more...

N12's in Scotland in the 50's and the 90's

Started by Alex T, 07 May 2012, 11:13

« previous - next »

Alex T

We used to get a good turnout at Scottish events -
in the 1950's....

Alex T

so who can be named in this photo??? - it would probably be the Scottish Champs early 90's at Kinghorn

Alex T

my Grandfather and father, having a wee issue....

edwillett

Hi Alex
Lovely pictures...where did your father sail?
The more recent picture I have also...from memory it was 1990 at Kinghorn, about 25 entries.
N2769 = Richard and Philip Harvey
N3340 = Nigel Playford
N3354 = Terry and Michael Cooke
N3243 = Sue Pelling and Bunny Warren
N3286 = Ronnie Millar
N3162 = Steve Norbury and Andy Hill
The pink and blue sail belongs to N3309 and Simon Nelson

nigelf (Guest)

Although I cannot say I recognise them in the photograph, I think we are looking at Jimmy and Alex Tulloch in the N12 in a little local difficulty If I am correct, Jimmy Tulloch was a prominent Hornet skipper at Cramond BC when I joined the club in 1960. At that time the Hornets were very strong at Cramond. The Tulloch family (which  was a large one) were also well represented in the Graduate class at that time and like myself took to the Fireball class around 1970.

Alex T

the picture I put in the boat DB, is Pixie sailing inside the East Harbour at Granton.
the picture of the boats in the regatta is Granton again, so is probably Wardie-bay.
the swamping is happening up against the Granton East breakwater in Wardie-bay again.
this is the only other N12 Picture my mother could find - no idea who it is. (342) ??

it must be sailing from Granton, but looking at the background, its definitely to the West of Granton nearer Cramond.
I have a picture of the Hornet too - no 666!!!

n12 Bottom Banner