National 12 - find out more...

Who is going to Salcombe?

Started by Dave Croft, 02 Aug 2012, 10:27

« previous - next »

Dave Croft

We have been away a few years and looking forward to sailing the old boat round at Saclombe once more but just over a week to go and only a dozen entries!!!! - what's happened? I thought there would 2 or 3 times as many.
Dave C

MikeDay

Actually, that's not too bad looking at some of the other fleets - we haven't managed 20 in the last few years.  The Solos only have 15 entries when usually they have closed their fleet at 40 by this time, ditto the Yawls.  Unless there's a late flurry (and expect 2 or 3 more Twelves) I think this could be a worryingly low figure for SYC overall.  Their decision only to take online entries might be backfiring, or maybe the Olympics?

Mike D
N3533

sophie (Guest)

Entries are not only being taken online, as I know Fran and I, and Jonno entered during merlin rocket week. As for the solo's and yawls, I'd be suprised if there are less than 40 for each

Sophie

Mike Storey

18 entries now and a pretty competitive fleet I'd say. Website has our entry wrong at the moment - I'll be helming with either Alex or Sophie crewing depending on the weather, which is looking pretty mixed at the moment. Very much looking forward to it.
Mike
N3491

MikeDay

'Pretty mixed' weather?  I guess you mean, Mike, that some days the gusts will be force 7 and others force 8!  Windguru forecasting no relief after Sunday now ...

Mike D
N3533

sophie (Guest)

Thanks to Jayne and Salcombe yacht club for a great week which had a bit of everything - sunny light and shifty, wet and windy, estuary tours, sparkling seas and big waves!

Well done Arthur and Mary who won, from Jonno and
 Nicky in second and John and Mandy in third. Full results:
http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/racing-results/%5Eregatta-2012%5ENational_Twelve/

n12 Bottom Banner