National 12 - find out more...

N3451 The Magic Pudding

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 01 Apr 2007, 08:27

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3451 The Magic Pudding. Design: Man-O'-War, designed by: Dare Barry in 1997

darebarry

The MAGIC PUDDING was built in 1999. I sailed the boat in the 1999 Burton week with Emily and we won the Clinker trophy and the Brick. There is a picture in the last hand book of a windy sail at Pevensey. I then sold the MP and it was sailed on the IoW before being stored away where she  was damaged. The boat has since been returned to myself for a rebuild and is now up for sale.  

broz

We bought Magic Pudding from Dare mid 2008. MP's hull was in exceptional condition but the rig needed a make over.(A jib strop snapped first time out, and the boom was to short for the main). MP now has, New toe straps, New main and jib sheets, We have fitted Lowers, swing spreders and the rig is fully adjustable. The mast has been calibrated for light medium and strong winds. The boat has been fitted witha Z spar boom and tansom main.
We have only sailed the boat twice at Rutland and had two 2nd places ( the club champ. came 1st.)this was prior to the rig improvements.

Nik L

My wife and I have just purchased the Magic Pudding and will be sailing her in Cornwall.

My first 12 having previously sailed toppers, lasers, a Europe and an International Moth. I now have to get used to more rig control and having to think about someone else being in the boat and giving her warning when I decide to do something.

n12 Bottom Banner