National 12 - find out more...

Scottish Champs at Annandale 6/7April

Started by edwillett, 25 Mar 2013, 04:22

« previous - next »

edwillett

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend hosted by Annandale SC who treated their guests to some great racing and wonderful hospitality despite tricky weather conditions.

A highly competitive main fleet saw the top positions taken by DCB's with Steve and Joanne Sallis (N3531) retaining their title but pushed hard by Chris Day and Sophie Richards (N3526) and Nick and Tania Copsey (N3528 ). The DCB's didnt have things all their way with the Feeling Foolish designs of Richard Harvey and Crawford Paris (N3475), Ed and Tom Storey (N3514)and Mark and Toby/Anna Simpson (N3462) mixing it up at the front.

A rather depleted Vintage fleet saw Ed Willett and Sarah Smith (N1833) take top position (despite a capsize in race 3!) ahead of Brian Herring and Ros Stevenson (N1673) and Angus Beyts and Boo (N2153).

Our thanks from the Scottish region for all the support from visitors who along with the host club make this event what it is.

Yachts and Yachting article to follow once I have sourced some photographs to accompany it.

Tom Stewart

Sounds like a great event. I am impressed to hear that Christian and Sophie camped. Hard as nails!

nigelf

Very interested to read your report in Y and Y Ed and your mention of the Daily Express Trophy first presented in 1956. Both Richard Roscoe (who needs no introduction in the N12s) and I were among the small fleet of N12s and Fireflies at Loch Earn in 1956. Richard won in a Curry Mk.6. I was 4th in a Holt. Cotton sails in those days. None of us from the Cowal Holy Loch S.C. had a car and so we took four boats to and back from Loch Earn on the back of a coal lorry based in Sandbank.It was wet going to Loch Earn and most of us sheltered under what the Scots call a "hap" (a canvas cover) alongside the  boats on trestles. Changed days. Nigel Fordyce ex-1149 and 3535.

n12 Bottom Banner