National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week Top 5

Started by Chris Day, 14 Apr 2013, 08:39

« previous - next »

Chris Day

With just over a month to the start of Burton Week 2013 in Brixham, here are my top 5 things to remember for the event:

Your fancy dress â€" this year come as your boat, someone else’s boat or any 12 design. There are lots to choose from so check out the boat database and start thinking laterally (or think of what you want to go as and find a tenuous link!). There’ll be prizes and prestige for the best costumes on the Sunday night.

The Burton Week courses â€" we have a new course “D” for Burton 2013, the sausage/triangle. This is the same as the old Olympic course “A” with the laps reversed so make sure you know which one we’re doing…especially if you’re thinking of leading at the windward mark!

Your Burton Week T-shirt (or hoody or sweater) â€" join in with all the junior helms and crews who will be wearing their free tees. You can order yours now from: www.waveclothing.co.uk/catalog/category/view/s/national-12-owners-association/id/259/

Your measurement certificate â€" it’s easy to forget this one but it will save you time (and £10).

Your boat â€" if helm and crew turn up, look at each other and both say, “I thought you were bringing the boat”…it won’t be the first time!

Finally, if you haven’t entered already make sure you get your entry in by the 7th May for the early entry discount fee of only £100 (£60 for under 21s).
www.national12.org/burtonweek/2013/

Chris Day

In exactly 4 weeks we'll be in Brixham Yacht Club for the 2013 Burton Dinner!

There are also only 8 days left to benefit from the early entry discount of only £100 and if you're looking for a crew, helm or boat drop me a line [mail=chairman@national12.org]chairman@national12.org[/mail]

www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/169130/National-12-Burton-Week-at-Brixham-preview

n12 Bottom Banner