National 12 - find out more...

Ranelagh open meeting + the club needs your help

Started by grazz, 01 Jul 2013, 10:43

« previous - next »

grazz

Ranelagh Sailing Club need your support on Sunday 7th July...
FFC's Riverside Stand Development

Dear N12 Sailors,

Our opposition to the new stand, which would have a devastating affect on sailing conditions and the future of Ranelagh Sailing Club, has reached a critical stage. FFC has applied to the Port of London Authority for a River Works Licence to build the stand 11 metres out into the river. We and many others have objected on sailing, safety and legal grounds and the PLA's Licensing Committee expect to make a decision in July.

The Chief Harbour Master, David Phillips, who is a member of the Committee and a sailor, plans to visit us on Sunday 7th July to see what we get up to.

We are running the N12 Open at 1 o'clock and we plan to have an informal Club race starting approx. 1.15pm on a special course.

Our objective is to get as much activity on that day as possible to impress David that we are worth preserving!
Please come and, preferably, sail, but otherwise make up the numbers.

We shall lay on lunch for the N12 competitors after the race. Spectators, if you wish to have food, please let me know via email, [mail=cpedwards@ranelagh-sc.co.uk]cpedwards@ranelagh-sc.co.uk[/mail], and we will try to cater for everyone.

Do please try and make it, Ranelagh needs you!

Kind regards
Christopher Edwards
[mail=cpedwards@ranelagh-sc.co.uk]cpedwards@ranelagh-sc.co.uk[/mail]

Mike Storey

Unfortunately I have been pulled elsewhere on that day (Sophie is doing a triathlon at Dorney) and won't be able to make it but am with you in supporting the opposition to the proposal. Weather forecast is looking great and I hope there's a super turnout. It's all to play for in the Thames Area series.
Mike
N3491

John m

Oliver and I are hoping to come....  and start our late charge for the Thames Area
N3523 (for sale....)

Trick Cyclist

Three boats planning on coming along from burghfield,
1277 coming home to ranelagh for a play
1520 alan beeton
3271 neil lillywhite
Jeremy & George

n12 Bottom Banner