National 12 - find out more...

Solway Yacht Club N12 open

Started by Chadders, 12 Sep 2013, 10:40

« previous - next »

Chadders

Just wondering who else is coming to the open at Solway this year on 21st/22nd September 
The Notice of Race  has a link on the front page of the website.  3 races in the estuary on Saturday and a race up the river to Palnackie on the Sunday so a good mix of sailing.  The club has also invited all N12 competitors to the laying up super in the clubhouse on the Saturday evening but you do need to book and select from the menu if you want to come to that bit!  Teams Purkis, McInnes, Chadwick and David have booked for the laying up super with team Herring still TBA.   Who else is joining us, answers below please and if you want to come to the laying up meal as well please make sure you book. 8)

angus

I shall be there crews allowing although I will probably give the laying up super a miss..........need to keep myself light and fit for the river race.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

edwillett

Planning to be there with 1833 and Mr Gatti told me he is bringing Gruffalo....

Chadders

Better bring my vintage too then I guess.

angus

Oh dear i have messed up big style and I won't beable to come after all.

edwillett

What have you messed up now Angus?

angus

While maintaining my careful ruse of not having more than one boat at the house at any one time I slipped up when see who does not get her feet wet noticed there were four rudders lieing in the front garden........just as well she didn't see the one behind the shed!

grazz

Note from Ian Purkiss
He has at least 2 keen young crews who'd like to sail next weekend. If anyone is thinking of coming to Kippford but doesn't have a crew, please contact me, I should be able to arrange! Would be a pity to miss chance of giving keen young sailors chance of crewing our Really Wonderful Boats!

C.Ian.Purkis@btinternet.com

Tim Gatti

I will be there sailing with Gill Bilton in 'Gruffalo' - her first outing on the sea ('Gruffalo's' not Gill's)
Looking forward to it immensely
Tim

Tim Gatti

Angus - I fail to understand why anyone would get upset by a small collection of dinghy rudders? Is there something missing from the story??
What a pity you can't make it - any chance of a last minute reprieve!
Tim

angus

Yes I must admit to not being totaly truthful, the real reason I can not attend is that I had forgoten about a certain persons birthday.
As I am sure you know Tim birthday occur with increasing velocity the older you get, how on earth are you suposed to keep track of them all!
So no there is no chance of a last minute reprieve.......apparently changing the date of somebodies birthday is just not done and in our house important sailing events do not provide a satifactory reason for missing one.

edwillett

I thought that as you got older you practiced the art of forgetting birthdays on purpose as one didnt want reminded of the passing of time....

angus

Some birthdays are best forgotten.
some birthdays maybe forgotten.
Some birthdays if forgotten then a quick death is the best you can hope for.

edwillett

Unfortunately my crew cannot make it...anyone know of any crews available for this weekend?

Tim Gatti

Hi Ed - have spoken to Ian Purkis - sounds like he can rustle you up a crew.
Tim

n12 Bottom Banner