National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe open 19 & 20 Oct

Started by wobbly, 22 Sep 2013, 06:01

« previous - next »

wobbly

The Salcombe fleet look forward to welcoming visitors for the National 12 and solo open meeting on 19th October. There will be racing on the Saturday afternoon and two races on the Sunday. Check out the, beautifully designed by Sophie M, Salcombe Yacht Club website for info. We have arranged a meal for the Saturday night for sailors and family and friends in the spectacular club house and hot pasties will be delivered to Smalls beach for those who pre-order and pay! It helps the kitchen if you can let them know numbers for the meal and pasties by the Thursday 17th.  Child size meals are available for the under 12's. Harbour dues are waived for the weekend, but not boat park fees, sorry, out of our control. We will bring the cricket stuff for a game of French cricket on the beach after racing on Saturday. The harbour should have fewer yachts by then enabling you to use your full skill set dodging the tide and seeking the Salcombe specials those nifty lifts and gusts that seem to gravitate towards Peter B and Theo. Who will and wont have a foil? will it change the pecking order? Norman is going very well in the light airs beware. Will you be there?

sophie (Guest)

We're really looking forward to getting back in a twelve for this... only a couple more weeks! Anyone else coming?
Sophie

wobbly

Hi Looking forward to sailing in Salcombe this weekend. Recently met a friendly dolphin there! If you are planning on coming please let Jayne in the offce know asp and Jools in the bar for ordering an evening meal on Saturday and hot pasite to be delivered to the beach on Sunday. 
BAR 01548 842872 OFFICE 01548 842593
Cheers
Helen

John m

Meadowcrofts coming with some non sailing friends too.  Will work out the numbers for food and get in touch with Jools.  Would it be possible for the boat to sleep on Smalls on Saturday night?  I understand there is space for Dead Cat Bounce

Chris Day (Guest)

We'll be there too. Been looking forward to this one since the end of Salcombe Week!

Tom Jefferies

Myself and Hannah are hoping to be there. we will be sailing in a foolish this time! thankyou very much nigel blazeby! On a cheaky note does anyone have a spare sofa or bit of floor for the saturday night? we would of course be willing to pay a share!!
Hope to see you all there!
Tom
N3438

John m

Sorry Tom, we are full...  Tiny garden will fit a small tent however.

Tom Jefferies

John will accept kind offer for the tent space if we dont have any luck with b+b's before the weekend. will bring lots of duvets and warm clothes!! looking forward to getting back in a 12!
Is everyone planning on going to the yacht club on the saturday night?

Tom
N3438

wobbly

Look forward to seeing you all. We'll be over on Saturday. Sorry we don't have floor sapce we are already invading ourselves.  Cake on me at SYC Saturday night . Helen 
p.s we may have a spare crew Floss, about 8 stone and nimble.

wobbly

Wow guys, thanks for coming. Think this one will go down as squally Sunday only rivalled by Windy Wednesday in folk legend. Ollie you can say you were there... respect young man.  Hannah thank you for doing rescue boat with me. I don't think I have ever had 27 capsized boats at once to deal with, at 7 and stuck in the mud.  Apologies now if we took our time or didn't get to you, some rapid prioritising was going on.What a squal, rumours say 47 something nt sure if that was knots or Mph.   It was a lot anyway. Sorry we couldn't stay to say goodbye we had to get Rosie to Bristol . 
Hope to see you for a nice sunny drift up the harbour next year. Helen

David G (Guest)

Definitely windier than Windy Wednesday in my opinion, on windy Wednesday at least I got out of the Bag without capsizing, two big capsizes on the beat this time (at least I got around 7 before the squall arrived ... in fact windier than the windy Burton Week races at Tynemouth imo.   One fellow Solo sailor on the first lap was complaining that there was no wind at 7, he capsized twice and bent his mast on the next lap!  I understand that Pete Ballantine and Theo Harris were the only finishers under jib, and this was only because they had to get the boat back to Smalls.

wobbly

Said solo sailor has left a bottle of wine for the rescue boat girls... so all forgiven... or should I say blown over given the conditions. H x

John m

Thanks to Salcombe YC for a great weekend.
I completed "windy Wednesday" a couple of years ago but we could not manage the sail back to Batson from the club line without falling in.  This time never made it past the fuel barge before were blown in.  Took refuge on Snapes point.  The squall took along time to blow through.
Kudos to William and Sophie.  They kept things upright as Peter/Theo and I got blown over.  They then sensibly headed straight to Batson, avoiding the complication of trying to finish, or rather the nightmare of trying to get downwind having finished.
For those who did not come we only saw one dolphin and one seal all weekend.  Clearly would have been easier to count more if it had not been windy.
See you next time!

n12 Bottom Banner