National 12 - find out more...

Blayden Race DATE CHANGE!!

Started by Chadders, 10 Oct 2013, 11:20

« previous - next »

Chadders

A message from a very contrite Howard Steavenson tells us that due to an error the date for the Tate Winter Trophy race has now changed to Sunday 1st December with a start time of 12.00. Midday.   Howard (S) apologises for the error (allegedly all his own) in mistaking a low tide time for a hight tide time.  We hope to see lots of boats up for this event which has in recent times seen some excellent if chilly weather with sun and wind not to mention a great meal in the Keelman after racing.   A Notice of Race will follow in due course.  8)

angus

Anybody interested in crewing for me?
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Simon moss (Guest)

:)
My crew is booked so looking forward to it.

Chadders

In the Diary for team Squidgy Bits just waiting for my Northern based crew to get her doctors duty rota through with fingers crossed.8)

Chadders

Looking good for Cathy crewing just need some warm weather and gentle winds for a great sai as we usually have fothis eventl.  NOR says 3 races first start 12pm so see you on the slipway who else is coming out to play?

angus

I will be there with reflection and crew.

angus

A great days sailing, well it was until the wind went AWOL. All the quicker boats managed to finished before the wind toataly died leaving us vintage boats to struggle up against the current. I thought poor Tim was heading out to sea for a while While Brian gave an excellent demonstration of how to crossa river with out making any forward progress. Enjoyed some close racing first with simon Moss in the first race and with Tim and Brian in the second race until Tim nearly got swept out to sea and Brian went backwards and forwards waiting for us and kindly letting us across the line in first.
I was disapointed I was not able to get as close to the modern boats as I was at Northampton but that may have been due to the rather large lump I had in the front of the boat who kept complaining about nearly being Garrotted by the kicker each time I tried to flick the top battern.:)
To cap it all I was able to take a couple of pints of draught real ale home from the Keelmans which I am now enjoying.
I wasn't paying much attention to what was happening up front (who cares) but Phil David probably won it, and I know that Howard Chaddwick despite having a fully dressed crew managed third. All of which means Mark and Emma Simpson must have been second to take home the Border Trophy.
See you all in the spring

Chadders

A great days sailing and thanks to Tynemouth SC members inc Howard's Steavenson and Elcock and the rest of the team for looking after us.  Shame the wind died but good racing until then and Angus got the results correct although Philip only beat Mark on the tie break.  We sneaked into third thanks to great crewing from fully clothed Cathy Lawson ( what are you trying to say Angus?) with team Storey a point behind in fourth.  Nine boats out in December just reflects what a great event this is.  Can't wait for the spring event on 23rd March as rumour has it the newly dredged slipway will allow us to sail downstream into Newcastle as we used to.  Stopping at the Metro Centre for a quick shop is not recommended however. 8)

n12 Bottom Banner