National 12 - find out more...

Ranelagh Winter Race and Thames Area Dinner

Started by Mike Storey, 22 Mar 2014, 09:49

« previous - next »

Mike Storey

High profile handicap events notwithstanding (well done Camms, Ibbotsons and Copseys) the N12 open meeting calendar traditionally launches with the historic and challenging Ranelagh Winter Race for the Royal Thames Yacht Club Trophy. And in recent years this has also been the opportunity for the Thames Area sailors and non-sailors to get together, eat, drink and let Graham & Zoe keep the Thames Area Series Trophy for another year.
This tradition will be repeated in 2014 (except maybe the last bit…I’m not telling.)
When: 16th Feb 2014
Where: Ranelagh Sailing Club, The Embankment, Putney, London, SW15 1LB
What: Open Meeting for N12 for the Royal Thames Yacht Club Trophy
Sailing Instructions/briefing at around 13.30
Race start at 14.00
High water at 15.27
Entry fee £10

Racing will be followed by the Thames Area Dinner and Prizegiving at around 16.00-16.30. All sailors, non-sailors and friends of the N12 Thames Area are most welcome.
2 courses â€" Green Thai chicken curry/veggie curry followed by apple crumble/chocolate brownies and cream
Adults £15, Children £7
Please can I have numbers for the meal via email to mg.storey(at)virgin.net as soon as possible and no later than Monday 10th Feb to help with planning the food. And if an alternative kids meal is needed, please contact me.
Hope to see lots of you there

Mike

N3491

Trick Cyclist

Would have been there, unfortuantely family 70th birthday negates our participation.
Jeremy &George

John m

RSC

Just noticed that Putney Bridge Road and Hammersmith Bridge will be closed this weekend. See attached link.
Weather for Sunday at least looking good!
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Nick
07710 410248
http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&page=issueputneybridge003.htm

Mike Storey

For those concerned about the conditions on the river, I've checked with RSC and although the ebb stream is very strong it looks OK for sailing on the flood. There's no flooding at the Club and RSC are planning to sail on Saturday. 
Mike
N3491

Mike Storey

Well done to Tom and Robbie Stewart for the win yesterteday. Full report to follow.
In an shock development and following a stewards enquiry and full meeting of the Thames Area Organising Committee (me) the results of the 2013 Thames Area Series have been reviewed and a new winner announced. Well done Tom Stewart (and various crews) for winning the 2013 Series. The confusion was caused by the results co-ordinator (also me) being incapable of distinguishing between G Camm (Graham) and G Camm (Geoff) in the results submitted by various clubs. The results co-odinator has been sufficiently reprimanded (ouch).
Thames Area 2013 Series results attached
Mike
N3491

Mike Storey

john m (Guest)

Mike
thanks for organising a great meal on Sunday, and thanks to RSC for getting the Thames barrier shut and allowing us to sail on the Thames. 
Love the results confusion. There is a slightly incorrect report on the Y&Y website and on here.  I see that our website editor has corrected the area result already...
john

Amelia (Guest)

Ha - it isn't the first time and I am sure it won't be the last time that happens.  When Graham and Geoff worked at the same company but on different sites they used to get each others post!

n12 Bottom Banner