National 12 - find out more...

Burwain Open meeting 20th April

Started by Carbonara, 06 Apr 2014, 06:28

« previous - next »

Carbonara

Burwain Sailing Club are looking forward to welcoming the National 12 fleet back to the club on 20th April. First race 11am. Pre-registration can be done on our website. The lake is nice and full. Any questions, crews sought etc. just let me know.
Cheers
Patrick Hamilton

Chadders

Hi Patrick
Howard and Helen are coming with a vintage yot, sorry for not posting sooner very remiss of me must have missed the first posting of this.
Who else is coming out to play? 8)

Tim Gatti

Tim and Gill with 'Gruffalo' have it in their diaries - but keeping an eye on wind-strength forecast!
It's looking a wee bit strong for a ribby with wooden sticks
Hopefully it will have dropped a bit by the weekend.
Tim

CRU 12

I'm short of a helm and boat, and I will only come if there is hail, because Burwain wouldn't be the same otherwise,  so apart from all those issues,  I wish I could be there Patrick

regards Christine

Carbonara

Sorry you and Paul cant be there. I am afraid a number of our regular visitors are otherwise engaged but I think the weather forecast is looking OK so I hope Tim and Gill be coming. I assume Brian Herring and Roz will be there in a vintage boat as well.

Chadders

Sadly only John Cheetham and I arrived for this event with Patrick of course but with a very brisk Northerly hammering through the dinghy park and my 40 year old China Doll the only vintage we decided to give it miss.  Sad but the event was canned.  We did go back to Yeadon and sailed Squidgy Bits a wild ride and fell in twice in two races, not sure my 40 year old China Doll would have stood up to the hammering that the D8 took.  Sorry Patrick hope we get better weather and another chance next year.8)

Carbonara

I think it was a bit too windy for the older boats. I did go out for a blast with Charlotte in the first club race but could not have managed three races in that wind. Paul Hargreaves the club's resident photographer was on hand to take photos of the N12 open and took some great photos of the club sailing. There are some great facial expressions captured in moments of intense excitement/fear.
http://paulhargreavesphotography.zenfolio.com/p898594466/h22aa0c28#h364a2f58

n12 Bottom Banner