National 12 - find out more...

Shoreham SC open meeting

Started by sophie (Guest), 27 May 2014, 01:53

« previous - next »

sophie (Guest)

We're geting super-excited to be hosting our first Gul event and welcoming the 12's to Shoreham. I'll post again as soon as we have the notice of race available but it would be good to have an idea of the numbers.
For those that haven't been before the club is located in the harbour with safe launching and a short sail out to some of the best sea sailing on the south coast - a great chance to get in some practice for the Championships. The galley wil be open all weekend, with a bbq planned for Saturday evening. Camping is available at the club.
http://www.shorehamsailing.org/
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions sophiemackley@hotmail.com
Looking forward to seeing lots of you soon.
Sophie and William
Dead Cat Bounce 3519

alan (Guest)

Hi
We are coming. It would help if you could let us know aprox time of first race on Sat
so we can deside wheather we need to come on Friday
Alan

John M (Guest)

Coming...
Mrs M may even get her debut appearance of the season, #mustsortbabysitting.
John N3543

sophie (Guest)

Thanks guys.
Still to be confirmed but its very (very) unlikely that the first race will be before 2pm on Saturday, with two races back to back, and on Sunday a start around 11am, with two races back to back.
Cheers

Sophie

Guest (Guest)

We'll be there, arriving late on Friday night for camping.
Really looking forward to the event!
Chris and Sophie N3526

grazz

Hi Sophie
We will be coming with kids and granny. Can we have a camping space for Saturday night please?
Looking forward to some more sea sailing ;D
Graham & Zoe

Sophie (Guest)

Forecast looking like sun and light winds, with the potential for a sea breeze. Perfect!
First start Saturday is after the fireballs who start at 2pm.
Free parking and camping, and if you're planning to arrive on Friday please let us know.
should be a brilliant weekend.
sophie and william
sophiemackley@hotmail.com

Kevin

Snagglepuss is planning on arriving Saturday. How long should we allow to sail out to the start area and is there a briefing?
Kevin

Lisa Whitney (Guest)

It takes approx 20 minutes to sail out to the start area and the briefing is scheduled for 12.30.
Lisa (SSC Event Organiser)

John m

Thanks to Lisa and all at Shoreham SC for a great weekend.  I will go to a lot of BBQs to go to a better one than the one we had on Saturday. Splendid weather, a sea breeze today when we feared it might be a drifter.  I could go on.  It was a fantastic weekend.
John

Kevin

I would like to echo John's thanks and add that camping next to the clubhouse and ease of launching at all states of the tide into a sheltered harbour must surely make Shoreham a top consideration as future Burton Week venue.
Kevin

sophie (Guest)

It was great to have the 12s here and for you to see Shoreham at its best. Well done Tom and Andrea for a very convincing win - I don't have the full results to hand but will try and get a copy online asap, the top three were Tom and Andrea, Graham and Zoe, John and Ollie.
As a champs venue it is indeed perfect but Dead Cat Bounce will be going on the market after the champs this summer (we wouldn't miss Pevensey!) and we only run events for club boats... so maybe if we could tempt some more 12s to our fantastic club it would be a possibility!
Footage from the committee boat on Saturday: http://youtu.be/AkjoLtvqW5M

Kevin

Nice vid. Any idea where we can find the photos that the guy in the RIB with the large wake was taking?
Kevin

Lisa (Guest)

The photos will be available on www.warwickpics.com later on this week.

johnk

From the photo in the write up I see that N3727 was sailing???? Has it got a valid certificate?;)

n12 Bottom Banner