National 12 - find out more...

N3246

Started by STU W, 07 Sep 2014, 03:56

« previous - next »

STU W

Just bought Grimley Fiendish I pretty good knick and ready to go. Hoping to be sailing at Ardleigh which was once a bit of a twelve stronghold in North Essex. Hoping to get the kids into sailing and what better boat is there to learn the joys of it.
wondering if I can sneak into the 4 plank series as poor old dear is nearly 30 years old and is never going to compete with the big boys... Even if the boat was I certainly am not!
cant wait to get back into 12 s after a bit of a break
Stuart Walsh
12's are for life not just for christmas.

John m

Welcome back
I remember sailing at Ardleigh 20+ years ago.  The marks were memorable.  They were like giant mushrooms!
Take it easy with the kids and I am sure they will enjoy it.  How old are they?
We are very keen to encourage parent / child combinations out in 12s.
John Meadowcroft

STU W

Kids are 12 and 8, so with my weight in the back I should have a light weight crew with my 8 yr old son and a windier crew with Isabella (12).
looking at the hull it looks very much like a baggy 2 so should be a bit different from my crusader 88. Just need some newish sails as the main bought with the boat has seen better days so if anybody has any for sale would be most interested. 
Also as an existing member of the association do I need to send the form in the back of the year book and the certificate to Kevin?
Do you think Paul Turner will let me enter the 4plank series? Couldn't find an older 4 planked at a realistic price and then this came up vertically on the doorstep and I could not resist.

STU W

Oh say hi to Katy for me...wonder if she remembers being woken up by our dogs when she camped in our garden many,many years ago?

NTOACertification

Stuart

Nice to see that you have a Twelve again.

As you are currently a full member of the Association you just need to re-register the boat in your name.  You can do this on line under the 'Register your boat' tab, pay £10 by PayPal and either scan and email or post the certificate to me.  If you want to send a cheque for £10 and the certificate by post instead thats ok.

Kevan - Hon Certification Officer

Simon Hipkin (Guest)

Hi Stuart. Saw Grimley Fiendish whilst driving through Kirby this morning. I think it is about 15 years since we last spoke - you had a Crusader then and I had my self-built Chapter. If you are interseted in sailing at Walton it would be good to see you. I am currently rebuilding 3310 Surface Tension for myself to sail with daughter which I acquired in a very sorry state last year and will have back on the water next season. In addition, my old chapter is still knocking about, now owned by Tim Wood, and we have 3249 Brand Loyalty which is very similar to your boat. Get in touch if you want to discuss further. Pop along to the workshop in Thorpe if you want to look at some boats (currently doing a restoration job on a 1970s Int 14). Regards. Simon

STU W

Where abouts in Thorpe is that? Love to pop in and have a chat. Brand loyalty is very, very similar I believe. Surface Ension was a very fast boat in the day

Simon Hipkin (Guest)

Hi Stuart. I'm at Parker's Nurseries. Coming into Thorpe from Kirby direction, it is the first left turn after the 40mph speed signs, just past the place on the right that sells Turkeys etc. If you get to the Lifehouse you've gone too far. I'm there most of the time and the kettle is usually on. Number is 07415 280213.

smilie

Stuart. I'm sure Paul will let you into 4plank series after all Chapters are allowed in :) There’s some seems to be plans afoot. Which reminds me I better talk to Suzie ;)
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

n12 Bottom Banner