National 12 - find out more...

Uffa Fox National 12 Plans

Started by flight690, 24 Nov 2014, 01:09

« previous - next »

flight690

Hello Everyone,
I'm on a hunt to find a set of drawings for the original clinker National 12 designed by Uffa Fox. I'm to be restoring N166 and in need of some sort of reference drawings so I can get her perfect and original. I've got a fair amount of learning and bits hunting too. Does anybody know where I can find a set etc?
Many thanks,
Russell Dickinson

STU W

Try Tim Gatti, built a new Uffa King so should have plans, hen no should be in the handbook or even on the web site under boat building or if not try CVRDA
Hope that helps
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

Tim Gatti

Hi Russell

I have emailed you .pdf copies of the original 1936 plans and the table of offsets I created when I built N3541 in 2011/12.
Bear in mind that builders started to modify Uffa Fox's design almost as soon as it was published by Yachting World in 1936, so there is quite a lot of variation in the Uffa Kings that still survive from that era, particularly in the way the hulls are fitted out, but also in their hull shapes - particularly in the aft sections.
Good luck with your restoration of N166.  Look forward to seeing some photos and details posted on the N12 Boat Database as it progresses
Best wishes
Tim

flight690

Thank you ever so much to both of you for helping. I will definitely keep everyone up to date with what is happening and I am sure there will be many more questions asked before the end!
Kind regards,
Russell

n12 Bottom Banner