National 12 - find out more...

Sunderland Open July 12th

Started by Will Mitchell, 06 Mar 2015, 11:22

« previous - next »

Will Mitchell

For all 12's north of the south, Don't forget Sunderland on July 12th. very easy to get to, just 10 mins off the A19.easier to get to and find than many of the clubs in the north. I'm  really hoping that all you scottish sailors will make the trip south to sail on one of the best bits of water in the country. (I'm really not kidding, and I'm not even a local). The same applies to you guys in the midlands. why not take the opportunity to get in some pre Burton Week sea sailing practice. :) We're very lucky that we can race on the sea, in the harbour or in the river and as such we're really hoping that we'll sera great turn out of both modern and vintage boats. There's no shortage of b&b's on the seafront and camping and campervans can stay on site. To check out the venue have a look on the Roker webcam at sunderland.gov site. That shows the beach and the harbour. And here's a recent picture that we had taken by a drone showing the clubs launching beach in the harbour and the river behind.

Carbonara

It looks nice and a very convenient location! Hoping to make it for the open meeting (crew and family permitting)
Patrick Hamilton
Carbonara 3502

edwillett

The Scottish 12's are hatching plans to join you Will!

Chadders

Looking forward to it Will8)

angus

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Will Mitchell

If any of you guys are planning on arriving on Saturday afternoon or evening, and you'd like us to sort something out for the Saturday night, then just let me know, we could have a BBQ at the club (weather permitting), or there are many places that we could go to for an affordable meal. I welcome any suggestions that you may have. :-)

edwillett

Will
I will most likely get a B&B and would certainly be up for a curry or similar the night before

angus

I will probably be camping so would be up for something Saturday night.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Will Mitchell

That sounds like a plan then chaps. everyone is welcome, the more the merrier. The sooner we know rough numbers then the sooner we can start to get things arranged. Im really hoping that we get a good turn out and that this event will grow annually so that all the northern and Scottish sailors can go big fleet racing on the sea at least once a year without having to travel all the way down south. :-)

n12 Bottom Banner