National 12 - find out more...

Many new ropes!

Started by monkeynuts, 08 Feb 2015, 04:41

« previous - next »

monkeynuts

Total newbie 12 owner question, but can anybody shed any light in the form of photos of around the mast area on a rigged up ac boat (crusader 88 in my case )Not sure what has gone on here looks to be a strange kind of barber hauler set up and some other bits im unsure of.

Chadders

Hi pic of my Crusader 88 in the newsletter have a look at that, barber haulers are generally no longer used if you have a dangly pole.  Email direct with some pics and I will try to assist, my boat x 4 are all wrapped up for winter so not easy to take more rigged pics currently. contact info is all in the book under Representatives. Howard Chadwick if you want to talk it through. 8)

monkeynuts

Can't quite see what I want so have sent you a photo of the mess. ;D

Antony (Guest)

Where are you / the boats?  The easiest solution might be to rig it up with some help the first time.....it can look like a tangle of damp rope by the mast heel sometimes...
Antony

smilie

If you are anywhere near Milton Keynes you are more than welcome to come over and I will help you work whats what.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

monkeynuts

monkeynuts

very kind thanks guys. So what is the thin purple at front of mast for? Its a part of the purchase belowdecks in blue, also linked in with this line that exits by the shroud!

STU W

Shrouds should go from u bolt fitting on side deck through block attached to shroud, stainless steel, then through metal, if I remember rightly, sheeve block in side deck then down to muscle box. Should line up exactly. 
Lower shrouds. Should be two ropes with bow lines on the end which slide over gooseneck and then through other sheeve block in side deck. Should then attatch to multipurchase in front of the mast. There should be nothing connected to a hole in the side deck, at all. 
purple rope could be for jib stick. Hope this helps.
If not sure of lowers I can take some pics from my boat that has the same system if that would help?
12's are for life not just for christmas.

monkeynuts

Great thanks Stuthat makes sense. I may just remove it all in that case as I have a spare mast ram I could use on the deck.
Do you still have a spare carbon boom you could sell, Im sure it was you who offred one before? 8)

n12 Bottom Banner