National 12 - find out more...

Plans for old 12s

Started by Interested Party, 03 Feb 2015, 10:44

« previous - next »

Interested Party

All,
It is my dream to one day build my own boat.  However I am a little stuck in the past.  If it were going to be a N12, it would have to be a glued clinker design from the late 50's to late 1960's, much like the Starfish I currently own (Sparkle 2383) which I have re-decked this winter.
Can you still get hold of the plans for these boats?  Squids, Sparklets, Starfish, late Proctor designs, etc.
Someday I will win the lottery.
And this must be done before I am too old to sail it.
Cheers
Steve
Steve Hawkins <br />N12 - Planet 672 -1948 (Holt modified 500 series)<br />N12 - Spider 2523 - 1971 (Spider) <br />N12 - Sparkle 2383 - 1967 (Starfish)

edwillett

I have the original plans for Squid in the N12 Archive. If you start now you could launch her at Burton Week!

edwillett

Steve
I was looking for your address in the Yearbook, but cant find you? There is an excellent 5 page article in the new Newsletter by Tim Gatti all about building Gruffalo, a modern Uffa King. It might inspire you in your endeavours!?

Interested Party

Yes, I think I have read some info on it, but not the article itself.
Its a dream only at this point - real life gets in the way.  And I already have 3 N12's. 
But you never know, stranger things have happened.
I do prefer the 'glued clinker' variety though, much cleaner inside and easier to look after.
Just eyeing up 'Planet' for a refurb though.  Once Sparkle is back on the water, and some remedial work is done on Spider.
Cheers
Steve
Steve Hawkins <br />N12 - Planet 672 -1948 (Holt modified 500 series)<br />N12 - Spider 2523 - 1971 (Spider) <br />N12 - Sparkle 2383 - 1967 (Starfish)

edwillett

Suggest you join the NTOA Steve to access the Newsletter; Handbook etc etc. All useful stuff if you have a whole fleet of 12's!

n12 Bottom Banner