National 12 - find out more...

Only gone and bought a 12

Started by Munkey, 08 Feb 2015, 07:40

« previous - next »

Munkey

So after my previous post and deciding I'm not too fat for a 12 I've gone and bought Baggy Aardvark. It was mainly because she had all the carbon toys but hopefully we'll have a great seasons racing.
Be prepared for lots of stupid questions.

edwillett

Welcome. She's a great boat with loads of history!

monkeynuts

Good work welcome to the addiction I too am on not the learning curve and have ended up with 2 12's!

STU W

Where are you based Monkeynuts.
I. Used to own 3317 a while back and nearly bought it back when it first appeared on e Bay
looks like it's rigged the same as when I had it so if you are near Essex might be able to help you out
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

smilie

you've done well there she's a sweet boat, I remember her from days when Mikey C used to own her.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

monkeynuts

Hi Stu, nowhere near but if you can help ive added a pic and like to pick your brains, feel free to get in touch!

aardvark_issues

Which time Smilie? - Been owned by the family on three seperate occasions!

Munkey

Thanks all for the reply.
I cant wait to get out for a sail in it now. Does anyone know where the name came from?

smilie

I knew Mike right back at the start of  Team Aardvark, so I guess that would have been just before Mike traded Baggy Aardvark for Terry’s Ledger build foolish.   

Had the history behind the name I thought was down to Mike’s obsession with Aardvarks. Less of cause it has always been called that and there for reasoning behind the name is lost in the mists of time.
(Shameless plug warning) If you looking for a nice laid back open meeting don't forget to put the 14th June in your diary for Milton Keynes SC first ever 12 open ;)

aardvark_issues

It always had that name, was a contributing factor towards my Aardvark naming nonsense. Think the boat was Mike Hoyles so he may know the answer... Probably involves use of a dictionary!

smilie

I don't know I always thought the Aardvark thing was kind cool. It's a load better than the Bill thing ;)

David_Wilkins (Guest)

You guessed it Mike.
When Mike Hoyle was naming the boat he picked a dictionary for inspiration and found Aardvark was the first word. We were both sailing at Henley SC at the time.

n12 Bottom Banner