National 12 - find out more...

Covers

Started by monkeynuts, 01 Feb 2015, 02:05

« previous - next »

monkeynuts

Looking to buy a new cover for one of my C 88's. Can anybody recomend a good breathable one that actually fits all her curves nicely and is not so generic! I have two and the both fit poorly.

sollenelle

I have just ordered a new weathermax cover for Bicycle Clips from Chris at Creation Covers in Birmingham. His website is creationcovers dot co dot uk
If I took my boat to his workshop he would have made a template from the boat, but I took the other option, which was that he emailed me a measurement form and I emailed him the measurements he requested.
Obviously, I cannot comment on how well the cover fits as he has not made it yet and it will, of course, largely depend on how well I have taken the measurements:) 
What I can say is that the process has been pretty easy so far.

monkeynuts

Let me know how you get on I'm keen to find out :)

sollenelle

Will do, but it will be a few weeks. He says he has a full schedule for the next two weeks so will not start it until after that.

smilie

I always recommend Sail Register http://www.sailregister.co.uk/individualclass.php?class=National%2012 all my the covers I bought for different boats I have owned over the years have been from them and I have had no problems. Plus they are always good on price and service.
 The chances are Soapy is going to be getting a nice new cover from them next seasion to replace the one she has at the mo.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

smilie

Found photo I took last of Subversions  new cover. If anyone is intrested :)
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

monkeynuts

Looks very smart thanks for posting.
I have decided to have a weather Max custom made to really treat her varnish work! Will post a photo when its made, cheaper than a well known sailmakers off the peg item too :)

David_Wilkins (Guest)

Chris Gould at Creation Covers makes some very nice Merlin cover and we have been highly impressed by the  one that we bought from Rain & Shine in Southampton which is the snuggest cover we've ever had.

monkeynuts

I too have had a very nice rain and sun cover in the past . The only trouble with most off these makers is the price, good gear but nearly the value of a boat.

Jon H

I found that my cover made contact with the side decks because of their sloping angle, so I fabricated a couple of light weight wooden frames to lift the cover clear. Seems to be working so far and allows air to circulate.

sollenelle

Bicycle Clips in new Creation Cover

monkeynuts

Very posh! I have also gone for grey looks good

n12 Bottom Banner