National 12 - find out more...

GUL series 2015 kicks off at Burghfield-28 March

Started by Trick Cyclist, 08 Mar 2015, 08:03

« previous - next »

Trick Cyclist

The 2015 GUL series kicks off in just three weeks time at Burghfield sailing club with a new and exciting format-sprint racing.
This year we are planning on getting as many short course races in as possible over the day, a lot of fun and a great way to kick off the season as you get to practice your starts! Not only that,it keeps the fleet together and makes for some exciting racing on the short course. As has become customary at Burghfield in recent years we'll be providing cakes etc after racing  to re-charge the batteries

As ever, Burghfield offers a pre entry system to enable more effective management of the event which also has the benefit of a reduced entry. £16 with pre entry and £21 on the day, so pre entry is well worth it. You don't need to pay up front so if you enter and can't make it for any reason you don't lose out.

Please get you entries in early by using the link below which also gives you more detail about the event which is being run in conjunction with the OK's so should be a busy day on the water.

GUL series 1 info and entry

3513SL

Sounds good, I'll be there in 3513, crew TBA !
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Trick Cyclist

Ooops... just noticed title of 2014, guess I haven't woken up yet! Apologies for the lost year......
Now corrected!

paul turner

Angus is collecting Smuggler from me on his epic journey from the Far North but he is still crew-less! Surely we can find a willing volunteer? Px 8) N1650

Trick Cyclist

Angus,
I have found a local crew for you, raring to go!
Jeremy

angus

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

3513SL

I too have now got a crew, looking forward to the first 12 event and first sail in my new 12 !
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Trick Cyclist

12 boats entered as of just now, but definitely somes names yet on the list.

Pre entry for the event will close on thursday evening at 9pm to allow time to sort out paperwork, so don't forget to get your entry in. Remember pre registration does not commit you to the event (no entry fee until the day) but it does save you £5!
:)

Neal

Looks like Saturday may see the launch of 3545? :-)
3271 & 3501

tom lee

Yes Neal, 3545 will be there
tom
Tom<br />N3545

Chadders

Interesting forecast chaps, sorry we won't be coming but looks like it will be a tad breezy, have fun.8)

Neal

Great day and proper season wake up call.  Great format and thanks to all organising and running.
some great photos from Alex Irwin below:

http://www.sportography.tv/#!/index/G0000XWxL8WZ5bjI/I0000aY9WkRgC_Eo
3271 & 3501

John M (Guest)

great fun
great photos
I think that we should do more "sprint racing"
Angus is a legend - the photo number 15 on sportograhy shows why!
http://www.sportography.tv/#!/index/G0000XWxL8WZ5bjI/I0000TMPUM5.FUWY

Neal

Think we should run a caption competition on that one....
3271 & 3501

caught knapping (Guest)

I was getting a little tired (I need an afternoon nap these days so John very kindly suggested I have a little lie down, everything was quite calm and under control and John promised he would wake me if anything exciting happened.

n12 Bottom Banner