National 12 - find out more...

Castle Semple SC  Open Meeting 23 & 24 May

Started by duncan, 29 Apr 2015, 01:29

« previous - next »

duncan

Our Open Meeting is the 1st of the Scottish Series, being raced over the bank holiday 8).  We are 20 minutes from Glasgow, with motorway the whole way from Carlisle to the last 11 miles (email me for directions). This year we are also hosting the GP14 Scottish Championships with N12 Open, so should be a good weekend.

If anyone is wanting to camp at the open meeting or in the days before to make a holiday of it, then please contact us, as camping will be available in the secure dinghy compound as in previous years. 

There should be no problems accessing the loch in the days before the meeting for that much needed practice  :o.  

There are a few B&Bs nearby, with hotels within 15 minutes drive.  Campervans can use the public car park overnight, it is on the German caravan club list of stopping points (but currently no facilities after 5pm due to the country park cutting back).  

We have not decided on the evening entertainment, might be able to entertain ourselves or have a meal, anyway food will be available (including veggie alternative, to keep some happy).

Can those wishing to come please let me know numbers so we can plan catering etc, also if anyone needs a crew, I shall try to sort them out with a wee one.

SIs should be available shortly, but expect 3 or 4 races each day, starting about mid-day Saturday & finishing early afternoon Sunday.

Duncan CSSC

http://www.castlesemplesc.co.uk/
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

angus

I'm coming Duncan, Can I have a crew please.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

Is there anybody else coming out to play/ Anybody venturing up from the deep south?
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

edwillett

Unfortunately due to some logistical issues with some of the Scottish fleet and no indications of any visitors planning to attend, we have reluctantly, after consultation with the Club elected to cancel the event to avoid the Club wasting resources preparing for an event that at best will be poorly attended. 
Hopefully be back next year.
Ed

duncan

N12s will be missed   :o
Duncan
Castle Semple SC
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

Chadders

Sorry to hear this is cancelled even though I couldn't make it8)

n12 Bottom Banner