National 12 - find out more...

RHYC GUL event - for the more mature...

Started by antony (Guest), 01 Jun 2015, 08:26

« previous - next »

antony (Guest)

Sorry - IT issues.... can somebody delete my prior entries....?
Antony

Chris Brown (Commodore of RHYC and a 12 sailor for many years) plans to have a separate event within the Nat 12 Gul event at Royal Harwich (4th & 5th July) for any helmsman whose age + the number of years since they 1st sailed in a Nat 12 =/>100. 

In order to encourage entries the event will be handicapped with favourable terms for those with older boats. 

edwillett

Even if I could make the 10 hour drive sadly I dont qualify...I only get to 97!

3513SL

A great initiative from the Commodore, although I come in at a mere 23!
The weekend is being shared with the larks and fireflies as per usual, although this year we have created the weekend into a slight,y larger event with lasers, wayfarers and maybe phantoms too. It won't be a weekend to miss, with camping on site and evening entertainment planned!

I look forward to seeing many of you there!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

angus

Always thought you were a bit of a light weight  Ed, despite living a good hour north of you I plan to be there (wheel bearings etc allowing) and yes I do qualify, with a year or two to spare!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

gerry ledger (Guest)

gerry ledger (Guest)

STU W

12's are for life not just for christmas.

Jerry G

Sadly no longer own a 12.  But total 122 if you count sailing a 12 for one day, team racing for Reading University against Trent Valley in the autumn of 1963.  However, didn't own a 12 until 1976.

JohnMurrell

And I am claiming 112 - ouch!!!!!!

Antony (Guest)

Gerry, 
I tried to work out how you could possibly get over 140 and failed.  You will be very welcome.  Chris B is sailing our Design 8 so there is the opportunity for some D8 racing within the fleet.
Hope to see you and Liz.
Antony
Jerry - if you are interested let me know and I will see if I can rustle something up....
Ed - We did Kirriemuir to Shotley at Easter and the Sat Nav said it was exactly (only) 500 miles.  You must be at least 20 miles closer so no excuses...

angus

I think they should add in the age of the boat and make it ahh errr 155!
Yeh Ed is a lying git I can get to weymouth in under 10 hours!!!!!!!!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

johnk

n12 Bottom Banner