National 12 - find out more...

Milton Keynes 4 plank and 12 open Notice of race (

Started by smilie, 14 May 2015, 08:41

« previous - next »

smilie

It’s bang on a month to go for the Milton Keynes SC first ever National 12 open meeting and first round of the HD sails 4 plank series.  Who’s thinking of coming to land of roundabouts and concrete cows to visit what must be some of the finest city sailing in the country. The sailing club it’s self is on Caldecotte Lake with easy access off the A5, there’s a decent area to rig and wind is pretty constant if blows from south west.

The plan is because it’s the first time 12’s have been to MK SC is to run the racing alongside the club racing.  The first race is a short one starting at 10:30 followed by the second race at 11 o’clock with the third race following lunch and the fourth race around 3 o’clock time should mean everyone is off the water and on the way home at a decent time.

So who’s coming?

Would be good to know numbers for catering and drop me message if you need a crew and I will see what I can sort out.

See you on the 14th of June

Smilie
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

Ben Brown

Hi Smilie
95% certainty of attendance from me and the wee boy in 3481 (Blatantly not a four planker)
Subject to it blowing dogs off chains...
Ben

smilie

Brilliant it will good see you both. Yeah but it is an event types and flavours of National 12. With wanting ruin any chance of a nice breeze for the event. Whenever we head to MK for a sport of yotting we always find there’s a good breeze and the sun’s out either that for nothing at all. Now I have said that it’s going to horizontal rain and the blowing dogs off some very long chains.  
Looks like a few 4 plankers are coming along, already Suzie and PT have said they will be there. Is anyone else thinking of bringing their plywood 12 along?

paul turner

Greetings. Cheshire Cat N2750 will be there but sadly not with me helming; I will be there to spectate! Pleased to hear that Suzie will be there with her Warlock. Is Gerald going to be there in his CC? Px 8)

paul turner

Greetings.

Just to remind y'all, the Four Plank Series is INCLUSIVE not exclusive!

Any N12 can come along and sail and enjoy the meetings; it's just that the result won't count towards the HD Sails Series - just like the Witchcraft Vintage Series for clinker yots!

We even had a lonely Merlin Rocket join in at the TVSC 4P meeting last year!

Hope to see lots of assorted N12s at Milton Keynes to support their first N12 event.

Px Cheshire Cat N2750 8)

smilie

Well it looks like we might have a few boats coming to do some yotting at Milton Del Garda Keyens (it's deffo going to be raining and no wind now) Suzie S and Paul T are bringing their boats and Gerald looks like he might be coming along aswell. So who else is coming? Is anyone else going to being joining Ben Brown sailing something which wasn't made in the 70's or is someone going to turn up with a 12 which has more than 4 planks?
Stu W will you be making your way across East Anglia?
Burghfield massive your going head across the Chilterns or Chris T and friends are you thinking of heading down from the Black Country?
If anyone needs crews just let me know 
Right, I'm off to round up some concrete cows ;)
Smilie

smilie

If rumours are true then the turnout isn't going to be too shabby for MK SC first 12 open. Currently on the list we have 3 four plankers, 2 Foolish's, admarals cuppa and a vintage 12. The not represented in the line up are the 12 that have winged rudders guessing they are saving themselves for 12 Fest.

From the first post there has been a slight change to the running order due Milton Keynes Sailing really pushing the boat out, that is the committee boat of cause 
The running order for sunday's racing is:

Briefing, 10:30

First Race 11:00

Second Race (chase the laser) 13:00

Last race 14:30/15:00

Tea and Cake 17:00

Entry fee £5

If you are wondering how to get there:

Milton Keynes Sailing Club Monellan Grove, Caldecotte Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK7 8NE. club is just off Monellan Grove.

3513SL

Brilliant turnout expected, unfortunately can't be there this weekend in 3513 but did consider coming, maybe next year ;) I hope all goes well!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Chris Troth

Unfortunately I am working, otherwise would have loved to bring the freshly varnished Bouncer.
Chris

smilie

It's shame you both can't make it. If all goes well then there has already been a rough plan of maybe doing something with the Tasar's at MK next year.
I have also managed to round up some nice Milton Keynes inspaired prizes.

smilie

I would like to say a big thank you to the six boats who came along to Milton Keynes SC first ever 12 open. There was close racing up and down the fleet and good mix of crews and boats, it didn’t rain and the wind didn’t treat us to badly either. I won’t mention the confusion in the pursuit race ;) I’m sure someone must have started at the right time.

Another big thanks has to go to Milton Keynes sailing club for letting us hold the event and to Bob Austin for being Race Officer for setting some great coursesand the people in the gallery for keeping us fed and tea-ed.
There was loads of interest from the club so with luck we should be having another 12 event next year :)

Don’t forget the next 4 plank event Ely Sailing Club on the 11th July (it’s open to all 12’s with only  4 planker’s score for the HD sails series)

Ben Brown

It was great to be there Smilie and I hope there's another open some point soon.  MKSC seems a perfect Twelve club and with fantastic cakes! 
Nice to put a few faces to names after a few years of lurking around on the Twelve message board.  Thanks to Paul for helping us get out on the course on time!
Hopefully we'll get to another meeting at doe point in the near future.

paul turner

Congratulations to MKSC and Jonathan - it might have been their first N12 open meeting but they really did a fab job! I hope that MK becomes a permanent venue on the N12 calendar - it's also exceptionally good viewing for spectators! I think there may even be a rumour of an offer of hosting a vintage open!!!

And finally there's also a third 4P event the week after Ely (11/7/15) on Sunday 17th at Trent Valley - all N12s welcome.

Px N2750 8)

PS MK (open to all N12s including DBs) was won by a 1973 built FOUR PLANKER, but I'll leave JG to tell all in his report........

3513SL

Great to hear about the Ely event, any reason why it's been missed from the 12 events page?
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

I think the reason might be they had a change of fleet captain this year and few things got missed that’s all. 
Given it’s only a month till event I better post some info up.

In short term till I do it will probably be run as follows:

Briefing, 10:30

First Race 11:00

Second Race 13:00

Last race 14:30/15:00

Tea and Cake 17:00

Entry fee about tenner

n12 Bottom Banner