National 12 - find out more...

12 Fest

Started by Tom Stewart, 06 Jun 2015, 09:27

« previous - next »

Tom Stewart

Just two weeks to go until the 12 Fest event.
We have a world class coach booked to bring on your racing skills on Saturday.
We have the knowledge base of the top of the fleet on hand for tuning and 12 sailing tips.
We have time to shoe in a crews race and a junior race.
We have the NSC paddle boards booked for extra entertainment.
kids Treasure hunt.
We have a barbecue booked for Saturday night.
Beer.
Free on site camping.
on Sunday we have a pursuit race and at least 2 further races which we will also produce handicap results for. 

Who is coming?

Neal

Indecision & team coming along
3271 & 3501

Antony (Guest)

I will be there with 3529 and two boys.. no wife once again...:(
Slightly worried that the boys will be more interested in the shore-based entertainment than in going sailing although they both seemed to enjoy Brightlingsea.
Antony

rosie

I will be there with Eric (2812) and two friends who have nagging me to take them dinghy sailing.

Carbonara

Planning to come with Carbonara but no crew but hopefully will find a volunteer on the day.
Patrick N3502

John M (Guest)

Meadowcrofts are coming.  2 pretty keen crews may be available - dependent upon the weather!
If you would like to have a go in my boat N3543 at some point over the weekend please sign up below.  Weather conditions will dictate but provided it is not blowing dogs of chains I would be delighted for people to have a go.  It is a little pocket rocket!  My only additional condition is that I am allowed to sail your boat in return.
John

Neal

Meds - would love to swap for a sail in the "Ikea wonder" as Oli so delicately puts it....

Neal.
3271 & 3501

monkeynuts

I will be coming with something, sadly not avalon due to time and work commitments. Could be CC!
Any idea of a kick of time for the Saturday? Couldn't see much when we looked. ...

Chris Day

Coaching will start off at 10.30am on Saturday on shore, with boats rigged but sailors not changed.
We're aiming to start with a Pursuit Race on Sunday at 10.15am.
If you're coming along please pre-register for discount entry and let us know what you're interesting in focussing on in the coaching, so we can tailor the sessions:
http://www.national12.org/events/registration.shtml

monkeynuts

Cheers, all registered.

Tom Stewart

Anyone turning up tonight can camp at the club but needs to call me on 07908753734 to get access. 
Remember 10.30am rigged tomorrow.
Tom

john m (Guest)

I am going to bring all my sails, spares and any other unused paraphernalia that I can find in the garage tonight if anyone is on the look out for second hand kit
See you in the morning.

Carbonara

Thanks to Tom and Charlotte and everybody else at Northampton for putting on a very enjoyable weekend. The coaching from Steve Irish was really good and i'm sure everyone from the kids to the old hands got alot from it. It was good to have the variety of coaching drills, practice races, pursuit race, different crews, swapping boats and to see some new faces coming along.
Patrick
N3502

Tom Stewart (Guest)

That was a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who turned up. Thanks to Christian for organising the coaching.
Everyone who turned up even without a crew got crews. It was great to see some new faces and fantastic that so many youngsters got out sailing.
The weekend did what it was meant to do and introduced new people to the class, got the old heads thinking a bit and everyone had fun.
Thanks need to go to Northampton SC who were generous with their facilities especially the paddle boards.:)

john m (Guest)

Great fun.
Coaching was excellent.  Looking forward to next time....

n12 Bottom Banner