National 12 - find out more...

Ely Sailing Club 12 open 11th July

Started by smilie, 22 Jun 2015, 10:52

« previous - next »

smilie

Ok guys and girls the next chance to some 4 plank racing including all 12 sailors who like a bit lake sailing in the south east is Ely Sailing Club on the 11th July.
The running order for the days racing is as follows:

Briefing, 10:30

First Race 11:00

Second Race 13:00

Last race 14:30/15:00

Tea and Cake 17:00

Entry fee £10 (probably)

It would be really good to get a good turnout this year because next year is a bit of special for the club and the 12 fleet at Ely SC and would be good see if it might worth putting on a special event to celebrate.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

3513SL

N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

brilliant will good to see you 8) Do you think you be able to persuade anyone from RHYC head up the A14 with you?
Have you managed to sort out your centreboard issues?

paul turner

And N2750 hopes to be there but with the usual helm (if he gets clearance next week from his physio-terrorist). P8)

smilie

Cool, will be good to see you back driving Cheshire Cat. Kez and me will be there but no Subversion unless something amazing happens involving a tow bar. It looks like we will be driving something from the Jack knight collection ;)
Do you know if anyone else is thinking of heading down from Trent Valley?

3513SL

Just to confirm, as the Ely SC website contradicts itself, we are sailing on Saturday 11th July? The club events page says 11th July but the dutyman rota says 12th.. - slight panic!??)
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

Hello Gorge I can confirm Ely SC national 12 open is being held on the Saturday the 11th July.  With the brifing at 10:30 and first race 11:00 followed by lunch cooked by Andy Knight Ely SC chef in residence then next 2 races with break for a cuppa in between.  I spoke to Suzie the other day and the entry fee will be £8:00 

For those who haven’t been to Ely before the post code is CB7 4TX, it’s easy to find just keep an eye out for the white posts on the right when heading from the Ely direction.

Looks like there will be a good group of us Gerald Copsey is coming back to defend his trophy PT should be there with CC and all being well we should be out on the water as well. Add in 2 local boats and its good sized fleet:)

Is there anyone else out there in forum land who is harbouring ideas of coming along?

See you Saturday Smilie 8)

3513SL

Boat packed up and at home and the forecast looks half decent too, excited for this Saturday!!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

Chris Troth

Unfortunately I am working nights this weekend. Hope the meeting goes well!
Chris

paul turner

Thank you Suzie and everyone else at Ely for making us all so welcome! What a fab day we had! Six boats ( 2 Cheshire Cats, 1 Warlock, 2 Foolishes and a Crusadrer) enjoyed a warm sunny day with a brisk breeze and some very close racing. Great courses (even if the lead boat did take several of us the wrong way round a mark!) and excellent catering. You will have to wait for Suzie's report to find out who won (again!). Paul N2750 8)

3513SL

As above, fantastic day yesterday and thanks to all at Ely for hosting the re-growing event! I also second the comments about the lead boat ;)
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

Just a quick thank you to everyone who came along on Saturday, to Gerald who turned more than fashionably late! Gorge for coming over from RHYC (it’s good to put a face to a name) and PT for diving over and putting in 2 very good races showing that CC is still a quick ship. Not forgetting Jack Knight for lending Kez and me Leala and his Mum and Dad for cooking another most tasty chilly. Of cause as already mentioned thanks to Ely SC for running another great event.
I would like to also mention Kez me managed to get lost all on our own without the aid of the guide boat;)
One last thing I would like to mention is next year is Ely SC 70th anniversary and it would be only right to do a special 12 event given 12’s were the founding class of boats at Ely. I don’t know what form it will take yet but if anyone has any suggestions feel free to send them my way or add a post to this thread.   
See you at Trent Valley

Smilie

3513SL

I'll certainly come back - now I half understand the layout of the lake - to celebrate the 70th in a 12!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

Brilliant that’s great to hear and good to know Ely’s interesting wind didn’t put you off.
Just got to workout the best way  to celebrate  70 years of 12 yotting in Ely.

n12 Bottom Banner