National 12 - find out more...

Ely's 70th anniversary 12 open

Started by smilie, 27 Jul 2015, 08:28

« previous - next »

smilie

This might seem a long way off to be thinking about considering the 2015 12 open has just happened (you never know a report might pop up sometime) but it gives me plenty of time sort things out faff around.
A few options to think about are:

Are people really interested in some kind of 2 day event? (There can be free camping on site and the event will be during the summer)

If so how do people want it to work? A couple of races on Saturday followed by an evening doo of some kind or get very old skool and go back to team racing on Saturday with a normal open on the Sunday. (least favourite option for Kez)

If not then keep it to an day’s friendly racing on the Saturday for all types and flavour of National 12. (This might be the proffered option since it looks like 2 events might be struggling for decent turnouts)

Or maybe a third option I’m yet to think about while contemplate life on the train home of an evening?

So what does  everyone think? All suggestions gratefully received and considered.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

3513SL

Will people be less keen to travel for only 1 day? A weekend event with an evening celebrating 70 years could also encourage people to come along....
I might prefer a one day event but then I think it would feel less of a celebration and more just like an open meeting..
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

At the moment my current thinking is to have a one day sailing event with some kind of event in the evening and then if people want to stay over and join in the club racing they can. 
I'm not sure if it will work is Ely held it's team racing trophy on the sunday after the 4P open and joining in with at least a 12 team would good if they do the same again, might have convice them not to run it in Toppers though ;)
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

n12 Bottom Banner