National 12 - find out more...

N3133 Greenpeace

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 09 Jun 2007, 05:34

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3133 Greenpeace. Design: Greenpeace, designed by: R. Franklin-Pierce in 1980

Gavsur

8)[quote by=ntoa link=Blah.cgi?b=boats,m=3133,s=0 date=1181406885]The life of N3133 Greenpeace. Design: Greenpeace, designed by: R. Franklin-Pierce in 1980[/quote]

After too many years without a boat I have just secured Greenpeace N3133.
Clinker consruction in very good condition. Looking forward to getting afloat with my youngest.
Any history would be much appreciated on N3133
Regards
Gavin

THG

Where will you be sailing your lovely boat?
THG

Gavsur

Boat is based at Fishers Green Sailing Club, close to Waltham Abbey. No N12 fleet but will pit my luck in the handicap fleet. I used to race Snipe's, Laser's and Fireball's in my youth, but the twelve is a thing of beauty that previous boats can only dream of. :)

Richard Pierce

I designed this boat in 1969, but is was 10 years till I had the facilities to build. We were experimenting with the potential and limitations of West Epoxy. Months after completion in 1980 my daughter Anna was born, then the boat was laid up for 15 years.  Anna & son James raced her at South Windermere SC for 2 or 3 years in the late 90's, then once again she was laid up.  More information is available from the designer/builder now resident at the Isle of Luing, Argyll, Scotland  rfhpierce@aol.com

n12 Bottom Banner