National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC Open Meeting 3 October

Started by Jennie Clark (Guest), 09 Sep 2015, 10:02

« previous - next »

Jennie Clark (Guest)

Ripon SC look forward to welcoming the Gul fleet to the club for their annual open meeting on 3 October 2015.  As usual we can promise excellent wind (ha ha), sunshine (here's hoping) and the Ace Race team combo of Terry, Barbara and Chris.  Our galley will be open serving breakfast butties, lunch and an evening meal.  Yeadon SC host their meeting the following day - why not camp overnight and make it a 2 event weekend?  Here's hoping for a great turnout!
As we will be celebrating our Silver Wedding that weekend (having celebrated the last 24 years at Ripon's N12 open) we don't plan to be there but so far Mr Clark's suggestions for where we could go for the weekend havn't been exactly inspiring . . . Ellie will however be sailing in her D8, helmed by Katy 'Craftinsure' Phillips.  We hope Peter Robinson, now back at Ripon SC and sailing a Streaker, will pop by to catch up with old friends.
Happy sailing!

landslide

Is Peter Robinson the ledgendary 12 sailor and Hillman Imp driver and helm of Landslide when I knackered my back in Salcombe. Also did Chris Mark go to Repton school? Hopefully correct on both!

smilie

Hello Peeps there are plans a foot for Angus and me coming along 8)
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

angus

Yep I'll be there, probably with Double Trouble, but I will be looking for some advice as to how to make her point a bit closer!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

Shall miss you two, won't be the same with out you and to be honest I can't think of a better place to spend a 25th anniversary, Maybe bernards got the same problem!;D

Chadders

I will be sailing Triarda (2266) with Cathy Joseph who is kindly coming from oop North to crew for me st Ripon and the day after at Yeadon.  Andrew Cowling and Catherine Ward will be sailing Squidgy Bits and hopefully Barrow Boy will make it out with RYA coach Peter Robinson. So three out of my four in use.  Hopefully Brian KITCHING will find a crew and also be at Ripon.  Neil McInnes and John Cheetham are also hoping to do both opens so looking good so far.
Who else is coming out to play? 8)

simon moss

Tom and myself will be at Ripon  and Yeadon in N3331 lookingbforward to both.

Carbonara

I will be coming to Ripon with Carbonara. Not sure about Yeadon on Sunday as its the Burwain commodores dinner on Saturday night.
Patrick
N3502

Will Mitchell

After many last minute failed attempts to turn up at several events this year, I am happy to announce that Lois and I will also be at ripon. Yeadon on Sunday.... We'll wait and see. Hopefully

Chadders

Dash then Splash (Guest)

Nicky and I will be there in N3447, Caught in the Rain - formally Roly Mo. Looking forward to putting a few names to faces, so come and say hi! Jamie

paul turner

Sorry guys, Dolly Daydream won't be there. Her aged helm has more shoulder problems...... :'(

smilie

This is slightly off topic but has got any plans to watch the rugby on saturday night?
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

angus

Chadders

Big thank you to Ripon Sailing Club despite the wind not playing the race team did manage to get one race in, the organisation and welcome was excellent as always as was the good from the galley.  Well done Tom on your win, no doubt full results and report will appear soon.  8)

n12 Bottom Banner