National 12 - find out more...

Burton week 2016 and Birkitt Trophy

Started by Crusader 3244, 17 Oct 2015, 06:59

« previous - next »

Crusader 3244

Looking ahead to the booking of leave for 2016 . . . .
Does the advance of planning inidcate a date and venue for Burton Week in 2016?
UYC seem to favour the first weekend in July for the Birkitt but no date showing online as yet. Can anyone add any insights as to how this event may fall in the calander?
Chris, 3244

john meadowcroft (Guest)

As far as I understand things:
Burton Week will be at Brightlingsea SC.  The dates will be the corresponding dates to 2015.  ie Saturday to Tuesday the week before the August bank holiday.  20th-23rd August.
No idea about the Lord Birkett

Carbonara

Hi
The Lord Birket is always on the first weekend in July so Im pretty sure it will be 2nd/3rd July. Hope to see your there. Myself and Will Mitchell did it in 12s last year and it would be good to see a few more. Its alway a great weekend. Bass week is another event I would recommend putting in your diary (always first week in August).
cheers
Patrick
N3502

Crusader 3244

Thanks gents,
Provision been made in the holiday plan for Easter at UYC, Birtkitt at UYC, Bass week, and Burton week. Will await publication of N12 calander to see if attendance at any other events is possible.
Chris, 3244

john meadowcroft (Guest)

It is a long trip, but few regret going to Salcombe for May Day!

angus

Good to see you are still about chris, so you finally got that repaint done. It will be good to see you at Burton, maybe you will keep me company, I felt a little bit lonely at times this year!:-/
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Crusader 3244

It's been more the case that my working week has been the limiting factor over recent years, Angus. Nights and unforgiving rest days.
Now I work 4 on 4 off and if events fall right they do not cost me much leave. But they can run me ragged in Nov and Dec with compulsory 6-day working in exchange for enhanced terms the year round. We cannot make Pitsford.
Ours has to be the longest refit in history. The fittings should be back on within the week. I need to replace some of the lines with more suitable strings, then after that it's off to free access water for some trials. The plan is to be trialing on 28 & 29 Oct.
Ben would like to get some mileage out of the 12. He drives and runs a car. So if he can establish a competent grasp of the tiller you may see him turning up here and there with a crew of his own.
No need to be lonely, Angus, if we are in the fleet the chances are we'll exchange tacks with you.
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner