National 12 - find out more...

Olton Mere 4 Plank (everyone else welcome!) Open

Started by Chris Troth, 09 Aug 2015, 06:04

« previous - next »

Chris Troth

Hi All,
I was reminded today at the sailing club that this Saturday is the Olton Mere 4 Plank Open Meeting.
Everybody with any age boat welcome but only 4plankers will count towards the results (I'm sure I counted 4 planks on Bouncer).
Bargain entry fee £5.
Gates will be open from early. Briefing at 10.45. First Race 11am with 2 races back to back before the break, and one after.
Unfortunately Gill Bilton can no longer make it so the kitchen is closed :(
Bar will be open in the afternoon.
Folks are welcome to leave boats overnight and join in with club racing on Sunday afternoon if they wish.
Any questions, drop me a line.
Please let me know if you intend to come along by posting below.
Chris

paul turner

Hi Chris. I intend to be there with N2750 Cheshire Cat. I assume that, just like all the other Four Plank meetings it's open to all N12s to join in coz Gerald Copsey (having just sold his CC) is borrowing N2399 Mr Jones from the Collection! I think Suzie from Ely is also coming along with her 4P Warlock. Hope the garage shop opposite will be open for lunch! Paul 8)

Chris Troth

Yes all 12s welcome.
There is a pipedream and a windfall in the boatpark - may be going spare for the day if anyone is interested. Let me know..
Chris

smilie

Sorry Chris Kez and me can't make the event clashes with a friends wedding. 
Smilie
PS the floaty rudder works a treat on Soapy 8)
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

paul turner

Greetings All. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 4P meeting may well postponed to be re-run as part of the Midland Area open in October. If you were thinking of attending tomorrow please contact Chris Troth or me asap - contact detials in the handbook. P :o

paul turner

smilie

In the sence that clouds have silver linings the postponment means that there's a pretty good chance both Milton Keynes SC fourplankers will make it along :)

bob the bosun

hi all
beggars m,aid is now hopefully completely refurbished an ready for its 2nd sail after some major surgery to the bow and transom. if all goes well on sunday will definately be at orton mere

GC

Great news Bob. Glad to hear the old boat will be taking to the water without sinking. Well done.
It will be good to see it again.

Gerald

angus

It looks like I may be able to make this, anyone interested in crewing for me?
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Chris Troth

Would be great to see you there Angus. I can almost certainly find you a crew from the club.
Chris

If all goes well this weekend - my first sail in Gryphon - I should be able to bring her up for the Saturday....  May also be after a crew tho!

angus

Thats great Chris thanks, I will try and bring my 4 planker but still much work to do. If not it will be the trouble shooter.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

3513SL

Would bring 3513 along but will be on holiday, another time!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

smilie

Kez and me are thinking of coming along is there any chance of borrowing a boat from anyone, please? Due to lack of tow bar.

n12 Bottom Banner