National 12 - find out more...

N3007 Frantic

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3007 Frantic.  Design: Cheshire Cat, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1973
Previous boat names: Gun Boat, On the Shark. 

Tim L

I owned 3007 between 2000 and 2001, having bought her from Graham Camm and renamed her 'On The Shark'.

The tasteful green main was seen around various parts of the circuit in 2001, recording a 42nd at Burton Week (and second from last in the Burton Cup...) before becoming irretrievably torn over the bow of a moored yacht at Salcombe.

The boat now resides at Lympstone SC

chrishampe

And here is that tasteful green mainsail!
Photo from an N12 training event held at Saltash
Helm: TIm
Crew: Samantha Martin

edwillett

Pic from ebay March 2010 - looks like she needs some TLC

ken goddard

The first owner of N.3007, then "Gun Boat", was Nicholas Gill, owner of the Gill Company. The boat was sailed regularly for its first years at Nick's club, Trent Valley Sailing Club, and I think it was at this club that the boat moved to the ownership of Graham Camm.
Ken Goddard

Charlie Burton (Guest)

3007 was wrecked on the night of 29/4/12. Lines snapped and flipped over fence, landed on mast snapping it at base and bending it mid way. Damage to the hull on the starbord side, hole right through and gunwale snapped along the port side.

Nick Gill

Sad Day, it was my pride and joy for nearly 10 years. It was the 50th Cheshire Cat and built by Nick Cox of Impact Boats. I spent months painting it and fitting it it out. I will dig out an early photo. It is probably too new for Paul Turner to take it into his old boats home!

Guest (Guest)

Quick update, a buyer has come forward, £40 is the best I can get for her, but it's a good home and she should be on the water in no time hopfully!

Ian Smith

I bought 'On the Shark' as she was then from Tim Laws. She had been much chopped about - sorry I mean lightened - and my crews hated the 2" wide thwart..... My only 4 planker after a number of clinker boats I found she wasn't for me and was sold on to James Chew (also at Lympstone). He renamed her Frantic which was quite apt in a blow. Sold on again a bit later and I hope someone still loves her.

n12 Bottom Banner