National 12 - find out more...

N3406 Agent Orange

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Feb 2007, 05:06

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3406 Agent Orange.  Design: Freak Out, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1991

Previous boat names: Agent Orange, Whizz Bang, prior to reverting to Agent Orange.

JohnMurrell

Rowsell hull decked off by Derek Davis, named after the nerve gas used in the Vietnam War - well he was getting divorced at the time!

Sold to Chris Winzar in 1997. He won the Borough of Weymouth Cup in 1998 ( Suitably at Weymouth!)

Sold in 1999 to a couple from Datchet Water, not seen since?

JohnMurrell

Another pic from my archives!!!

simon moss

For sale on E Bay £1800.

angus

I am the proud new owner of Agent Orange. Needs a bit of sorting out but already shows promise coming sixth out of 19 boats at a windward leeward meeting at Grimworth on the way home to Scotland. after picking her up at a windless Grafham. As everybody who knows me will know that is definately the wrong half of the fleet for me.
By the way Agent Orange was actually nothing more sinister than a weed killer used as a defoliant in the veitnam war. true the high levels of dioxine in it probably caused the death of most of the pilots spraying it. It was called agent orange because of the orange stripe painted on the cans it came in. Now is that not the tail wagging the dog.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

Agent Orange at the Scottish Championships. Note sailing flat as ever.

Chadders

Like the boom end braking system Angus!

Crusader 3244

yeah!,   but angus and agent orange are well fast off the wind. While you did your level best to embarrass the DBs I was busy trying to break free from Angus. Every downwind leg he was gaining on me like something with added assistance on the back - and I don't mean a 'seagull' !
Chris, 3244

angus

Chadders I am no expert on the subject but I believe that boom braking is cheaper than mast breaking! Not sure what I was doing (as usual) possibly I was waiting for Chris seeing as you where so anti social to go off on a race of your own, not waiting for any of us.
Or maybe it was aboom break turn the watery equivelent of a handbrake turn8)

angus

Agent Orange has headed off to her new home in the south. Have to make myself a new avater now!

Jennie C

on the basis that 1 National 12 is never enough 'Whizz Bang' has come to live with the Clark family, is temporarily renamed Project Orange' and will provide much amusement and entertainment to a pair of boat bimblers!  A return to a rear main is the first move and thereafter lots of learning about how she sails!

Jennie C

Agent Orange is now orange, very orange and she looks very smart indeed!  Huge thanks to Dave Butler for the work done on her hull and decks over the winter months.

Jennie C

/Users/jennieclark/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/derivatives/C/CB272460-6F94-4F5A-B52E-2D2E0BD6877E_1_105_c.jpeg

n12 Bottom Banner