National 12 - find out more...

N2562 Moontan

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 05:06

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2562 Moontan. Design: Whisper 4, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1971

mark533

I am now the owner of this fine vessel.
As Paul Trevan is listed as the designer am I right to assume that she is a "Modified Whisper"?

Database since amended by NTOA - Designer: Phil Morrison.

JohnMurrell

On ebay October 2008.

I can remember sailing Moontan when John D i c k  had just built her. We were racing at Ranelagh at the time and John needed a crew for the Warming Pan in 1972 so I put my hand up..............

It was one of the more windy Warming Pans - I seem to remember John Oakley chasing bouyancy bags around the salters after capsizing ( and sinking!)  his new Merlin. In those days Moontan didn't have a foredeck though I think that John fitted one fairly soon after that event - I seem to remember spending the whole weekend bailing!!!

The design is a modified Whisper 4. John D i c k did the lines himself from Phil's 7 plank drawings and I just happen to have a copy alongside me!  (Sad!!!). I also gave a copy to the National Maritime Museum Falmouth when they did their Twelve display in 2006.

edwillett

For sale on Apollo Duck website September 2012. pic from advert. Located in Somerset.

n12 Bottom Banner