National 12 - find out more...

N3344 Ella

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 09 Jul 2008, 04:10

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3344 Ella. Design: Final Chapter, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1987
Previous boat names: Grunge, Ella Grunge.
Boat modified to double bottom sometime prior to 2008.

Eric 3344

We purchased Ella from Robert Cannell in the summer of 2008. Robert used to sail her at Blithfield sailing club. She is now sailed at north Staffs sailing club. At present Ella is being refurbised as the thwart began to break up the other week. The photos are of her before then. I'll post more photos once she is back on the water.

Jane Wade

HI
I sailed Ella as a crew in the championships held in Whitstable in 2004 with her owner and builder Nigel Waller.  We had the most amazing week with most of our results in the top 10, winning the Canter Trophy and with a third in one race.  I sailed her for most of that season and really enjoyed it.  The boat has tremendous personality and I will always have fond memories of it.
Jane 

Eric 3344

Hi
We collected Ella last saturday after her refurbishment was completed. We hoped to sail on sunday but were unable to as the lake was covered in ice. Below is a pic of Ella taken last sunday.

Crusader 3244

It looks 'cool' in the snow.
Chris, 3244

Eric 3344

Thanks, here is a picture of the inside with the new thwart.

Eric 3344

Here is Ella on her first voyage after the refurb.

Update October 2010:
I bought Ella this summer from Rudyard Lake Sailing Club, and have taken her to Spinnaker Sailing Club in the New Forest.
Ive only had a chance to sail her a couple of times, but already know its a great boat.
Im hoping to do a lot of competitions in her next year, but starting with the Inland Championships this November at Northampton :)
More Pics coming soon
Steve

n12 Bottom Banner