National 12 - find out more...

N3070 Raffles II

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 04 Jun 2007, 09:46

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3070 Raffles II. Design: Pipedream, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1976

marek

Bought by me from Ranelagh SC beginning July 2009 - currently being restored
marek

Alistair Edwards

Following her brief stay at Minima Raffles II has now moved downriver to Twickenham Yach Club. The arrival of Raffles II brings the TYC N12 fleet back up to 6 boats.
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

Tom HIll

Bought by me from Minima and being sailed at Twickenham. Currently being restored and repainted.

Chadders

Just a bit of background- Raffles 2 was originally built by Donald Acklam for my brother Bill Chadwick.  She was one of about  five or was it six Pipedreams built by Donald in his garage at Wrose near Bradford.  Perhaps the best example of a refurbished Donald built Pipedream is 3109 Gnasher (see database for pictures).  Donald built 2 Pipedreams for me 3022 and 3160 as well as My Crusader 3245 Otterzell 2.  He built circa 14 new boats and refurbished many more including my Starfish 2266 and Starfish's 2345 and 2335 as well as some Herons and Mirrors.

Julie Hill (Guest)

Raffles II was sailed in the winter series at Twickenham.  Over Christmas she was revarnished and some repairs carried out to her hull. She was reluctantly sold on and left Twickenham on January 24th 2010.

edwillett

on ebay June/July 2010. pics from ad

edwillett

back on ebay 31st August 2010 with a starting price of £200. In Maidenhead.

edwillett

Back on eBay July 2012. Located in Long Crendon, Bucks.

Ruth (Guest)

Hello, is Raffels II still around, or still for sale??? My Father owned this boat for a number of years, and she was Sailed in yorkshire for a number of years by him, i would love more info about her, Thanx

n12 Bottom Banner