National 12 - find out more...

N2132 Shambles

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 27 Mar 2008, 04:28

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2132 Shambles.   Design: Sparklet, designed by: Leslie Landamore in 1962
Original boat name: Fen Tigress.

marcusingram

i saw this boat today lying in a very sorry state on the shingle beach just near felixstoe ferry sailing club, the floor and transom are rotten, but there is a ali mast tied too it

Mike Liggett

Shambles (or what remains of her) is still on the forshore adjacent to FFSC.  She can only be described as a total write off and well beyond restoration - very sad.

Mike Liggett

Poor "Shambles" is still there - or what remains of her. Many of the bottom planks are now stove in and detached from transom.

edwillett

Photo courtesy of Mike Liggett showing N 2132 on the foreshore at Felixtowe Ferry.  "It was taken a couple of weeks ago as we sailed past (hence "poor" quality) and also quite a way off.  Since last year she has been turned over and the extent of the stove in planks can clearly be seen". 

Mike Liggett

My usual yearly report!  Shambles was still hanging on when we passed her earlier in 2012.  Not sure how she will have fared over the last winter.  Watch this space for the 2013 report!

Mike Liggett

I'm afraid this is the last report on Shambles.  Passing her final resting place this week I see she has finally gone to that great dinghy park in the sky.

n12 Bottom Banner