National 12 - find out more...

N2667 Dutch Courage

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 06 Jun 2007, 04:45

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2667 Dutch Courage. Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967

Rob.e

Much loved and much modified, a well known boat at Portchester, I think Andy Turner chopped the top off her and made her into a wide version at some point.

artyman

This boat was built by Chris Davies, following his gold medal win at the 1972 Olympics crewing fro rodney Pattison in the Flying Dutchman class. Based at Portchester SC I think he came 7th in Burton Week in her in 1973. She was bought by the Nat West Bank SC and continued to be raced at Portchester by Ken Gillam (myself) later sold within the club, I purchased her myself. The rear Boyancy Tank was removed in 1982 and I remember listening to the House of Commons debate on the Falklands crisis whilst working on her in the garage.

She was later part exchanged for 3140 a Viper design built by Andrew Turner whose funeral I sadly attended yesterday. She continued to be sailed at Portchester until a collision with another boat did considerable damage. Andrew Turner rebuilt the topsides and made her wider. I have been hunting for some photographs of 2667 and will post them when I find them.
Ken Gillam
http://www.artyman.co.uk
[/url]

n12 Bottom Banner