National 12 - find out more...

N2207 Alchemy

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 22 Nov 2007, 11:39

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2207 Alchemy.  Design: March Hare, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1962
Original boat name: White Rabbit.

Patrick

I owned Alchemy from 1968 to about 1984. I bought her from Michael McNamara who had re-named her from White Rabbit. I sailed her at Ranelagh and on the open circuit for about three years with some success. She was exceptionally fast planing downwind but difficult to get in the groove upwind. This may have been our problem not hers. Both Mike and Chris Smith did well with her in Burton Week. I sold her to a work colleague who sailed her on the Thames. He passed her on to John Lipscomb who owned her until about a year ago. He sailed her at Ardleigh. I don't know who bought her.
She was incidentally the first twelve in which Antony, and possibly Frances, ever sailed.
Patrick Gifford  

Dan (Guest)

We bought Alchemy from John Lipscombe and sailed her for a couple of seasons at Clacton Sailing Club....sold on to a chap who was based at Wivenhoe who was planning a refurb
Dan

edwillett

September 2023 - Advertised for sale on social media for £200. Located Braintree. Described as - "Early sail boat project
12ft long With trailer"

n12 Bottom Banner