National 12 - find out more...

N3003 Red Menace

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 30 Mar 2007, 06:22

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3003 Red Menace,  Design: Bouncer, designed by: Jo Richards in 1977
Previous boat names: Much Ado, The Liborator, Respectable St., El Pato Barracho, Parting Shot, Respectable St.. 
Boat modified to double bottom, 1998

Derek

[quote by=ntoa link=Blah.cgi?b=boats,m=3003,s=0 date=1170181377]The life of N3003 Respectable St.. Design: Bouncer, designed by: Jo Richards in 1977[/quote]

Redecked and double floored in 1998.
Daggerboard

wafoo

I remember this boat from Ulley Sailing club about 1978,was sailed by one of the shellcock clan I think,or was i the crew in it,ah joys of age,think i may have been the crew for a guy called Roy.

icecreamman

Does anyone remember the Ulley bus?

wafoo

yeah,travelled in it a few times!!!
Visions of Loch Tummell spring to mind,
Think it did about 3 miles to the gallon,of oil and diesel that is!,think it was an early stealth design.failed miserably,you could see us for miles!

icecreamman

I never travelled in the infamous bus, but do remember it arriving at various meetings across the Midlands and the north. When the smoke from the exhaust had disappeared out would tumble what seemed like a 52 seater full of people, sailing gear and bits of boat.

icecreamman

I never travelled in the infamous bus, but do remember it arriving at various meetings across the Midlands and the north. When the smoke from the exhaust had disappeared out would tumble what seemed like a 52 seater full of people, sailing gear and bits of boat.

JohnMurrell

Pictures taken at the 2008 Salcombe Gill Open Meeting - sailed by Tim Laws and Charlie Game. Thanks to Heather Davies of Fotoboat for the pics.

JohnMurrell

And another - the files were too big for one posting..........................................

sam293

for the record it was tim laws and sam childs (me) sailing the boat,

STU W

The shellcocks sailed 3004 I think which was called Los Angeles, remember that had a rotating needlespar which had to be pinned to make it legal, I know Debbie Jarvis sailed 3003 when it was called the Liberator in about 83/4
12's are for life not just for christmas.

chalky

Respectable St. at Aldeburgh in the 80s

edwillett

Being offered for "Free" on Social Media in August 2020.

n12 Bottom Banner